Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Leg Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 10:18 PM

Default Active Duty Marine Trying to find out who to talk to about All Navy West Pistol Match Leg Points

Good evening,

I got 1st Gold at the All Navy West Pistol Match and would like to receive the medal and the points towards distinguished for this through the Marine Corps and CMP respectively. How would I go about doing this?
r/s
Sgt Whitaker
Old 06-08-2012, 07:20 AM

Congrats on the win.

You can contact the competitions section at the CMP to see when they will be sending you a letter and medal.

You should go through your command to get verification of the award and they can request a USMC medal for you. They may have to wait for you to furnish the copy of the letter from the CMP or they could contact the person who was in charge of the match for verification.

Or they can check the CMP website for verifcation since the results are posted there. It's been a while since I had to verify military points, so I'm going from memory. There is an instruction that covers military points; your command should have a copy of it or be able to look it up. You can also check at the Navy's Markmanship website for the instruction.

This is from the Navy site at http://usnst.org, under Awards on the left hand side of the home page.

Quote:
To request award of Distinguished Badge, send a letter and copies of match results to Department of the Navy, Chief of Naval Operations, 2000 Navy Pentagon DNS -35 Attn: Ms. R. Edwards, Awards Section Code 09B, Washington, DC 20350-2000, as well as an electronic version to the Distinguished Coordinator, CDR Matt Bartel. See example letter.
You can also pdf the file and email to rita.edwards@navy.mil, copy to CDR Matt Bartel: fa18hooker@hotmail.com

Badges earned outside of the Fleet, All Navy, Interservice and National matches do not rate a Navy EIC badge, but count towards the 30 required points. See OPNAVINST 3590.26 (under "Navy Regs and References" tab).

Last edited by CDRT; 06-08-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:24 AM

Marine, shoot me a pm and I can get you pointed in the right direction as I was the Asst Rifle Director for the last match. Normally just the Navy personnel receive the leg badge as it is not applicable to the other branches. I can chat with ETCS Greene to find out further details or I can pm you his number directly so we can do you right!!

MMCS
Old 08-30-2012, 08:40 AM

Call me and I will get you in touch with "Teams" NCOIC. I hope to see you back at Quantico, and Camp Perry again next year. Thanks, Andy