Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2020, 11:12 AM

Default South Store Report 01/30/2020

There were six customers at opening and the racks were almost full. Stocks are USGI FG/ CMP SG’s. There are 107 rifles available in the store.

Personal Request: If anyone happens to see Sig M17 surplus pistol #317 I would really appreciate a heads up.. I know it’s a long shot but you never know unless you ask!!!

Armors today are Bobby, Steve and Colby.

SA SG zero/ FG 17.

HRA SG 2/ FG 2. #4704xxx with NAVMC matching service tag, USMC tag. One SA-52 available.

IHC SG 9/ FG 6, lots with LMR barrels.

WRA SG 9/ FG 6, didn’t see any WRA barrels or WIN-13’s.

CMP Specials/Field/Rack total of 24, to include both Field (5) and Rack (8) 700.00 WRA’s.

M1917, zero..

1903, 24, SA/RI and Rem, some are very nice. Straight/Scant and C stocks. One with USMC butt plate but no other USMC indicators.

SA M1C SG, 2.

WRA M1D RG, 1.

SA Correct grade, 2.

SA 6 million, 4, none have correct barrels.

Daisy Air Rifles, 5.

Slings have been restocked, lots of 44’s available.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to xd9x19

For all the guys that post these reports, are you meandering through the store and writing all this stuff down or is it provided to you in some form or fashion?

Always been curious about how the tallies are worked up.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd9x19 View Post
For all the guys that post these reports, are you meandering through the store and writing all this stuff down or is it provided to you in some form or fashion?

When I have been in the SS while Tom, aka PH68 is there, he looks at each rifle while helping folks pick out rifles, and writes in his notebook.

I am amazed how quickly he gets through all the rifles.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd9x19 View Post

I do most of the South Store reports and my method has changed recently. Until very recently I had to work my way through the crowd and try to inspect each rifle and get a count that was kind of accurate because customers are moving rifles around in the inventory. It was very hard to do and not block customers from finding their rifles and then I would get side tracked by a customer needing help, which I will alway help if asks.

Recently I have been asking the store staff for the numbers of rifles and which type rifles at opening are in the store, it’s not super secret information, just types and numbers.... NO special information EVER provided before opening!!! With this information provided it allows me to look at all the rifles in the store, making notes about rifles, without doing a count and helping customers, which in better for everyone that is interested in these rifles. I check ALL rifles on Thursday morning and then check any additional rifles that might be added during restocks over the weekend. This has been a much better method than in the passed years!!!

Last edited by Big_Red; 02-04-2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Combine consecutive posts
Old 01-30-2020, 02:59 PM

When I visited the store, I was still wrestling with the Forum Admin to get my access granted, so I was not able to thank you for helping me pick out an M1.

I think it was Bobby who put one together for me. I was looking for a good Service Grade without a new stock, as I already had a Field Special.

Bobby came out with two, and you helped me decide. I ended up with a really sweet IHC with mostly IHC Parts, an outstanding SA Stock. And, as it turned out, it seems that most of the parts were 1954 vintage, which makes the gun as old as I am.

Now that I am on here, I can say Thanks, to you and Bobby.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNerdGuy View Post
When I visited the store, I was still wrestling with the Forum Admin to get my access granted, so I was not able to thank you for helping me pick out an M1.

I think it was Bobby who put one together for me. I was looking for a good Service Grade without a new stock, as I already had a Field Special.

Bobby came out with two, and you helped me decide. I ended up with a really sweet IHC with mostly IHC Parts, an outstanding SA Stock. And, as it turned out, it seems that most of the parts were 1954 vintage, which makes the gun as old as I am.

Now that I am on here, I can say Thanks, to you and Bobby.
It was our pleasure to help you find that gem. Thanks for you comment and congratulations on a nice rifle..
Old 01-30-2020, 03:52 PM

Default Thursday closing report

There were 90 rifles at closing and no restock during the day.

The CMP RG’s seems to have taken the hardest hit today.

There are 22 1903’s available in the store currently.

Tomorrow’s inventory should be about the same as this morning.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 01-30-2020, 04:26 PM

Curious what kind of C stocks are showing up, any more of the pre war SAs with the drawing #?
I was able to score one of those on a 900,000 SA with a like new 6 42 SA barrel in September. I'm floored (and happy to see!) how many 1903s they have to keep putting out.
I'll have to get up there soon to snag a 2020 purchase
C stocked 03s are my favorite

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 01-30-2020, 04:37 PM

Any straight bolts coming out on the 1903s, or are they still taking those off?
Old 01-30-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
Curious what kind of C stocks are showing up, any more of the pre war SAs with the drawing #?
I was able to score one of those on a 900,000 SA with a like new 6 42 SA barrel in September. I'm floored (and happy to see!) how many 1903s they have to keep putting out.
I'll have to get up there soon to snag a 2020 purchase
C stocked 03s are my favorite
No straight bolts and only a few C stocks. There are some SA rifles currently available but most are Remington..