Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2017, 09:30 PM

Scott Duff put a LOT of time and EFFORT in his books. I met him several times at gunshows.

I asked him if he plans on future Garand books. He said he was pretty much Garand-out. I understand what he is saying. He put as much effort into Garand info as is possible.

I am waiting on special Garand books from other authors such as focusing on the IHC or the HRA although Scott put much info on these manufacturers.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:34 PM

I bought Canfield's book and it's all I'll ever need as a Garand resource. One and done.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:14 AM

Quote:
I bought Canfield's book and it's all I'll ever need as a Garand resource. One and done.
That's how I feel. Its 872 pages and is the most up to date and authoritative book on the M1 in general. To my knowledge, its also the only book on the M1 Garand with hundreds of color photograph/pictures, which really adds to a quality product.

Its not inexpensive, but it is The Reference book on the history of this historical rifle. Very few books qualify as a true magnum opus, but IMO, Bruce Canfield's book on the M1 Garand meets that criteria hands-down.

Last edited by Random Guy; 03-22-2017 at 05:20 AM.