Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 09:58 PM

I believe Wednesday is when they receive new shipments.. I could be wrong on this but sounds like Thursday would be the day.

I went on a Saturday morning and I can say be there when they open we got there 30 minutes after they opened and the lot was packed and there was already a healthy line inside of people waiting to buy.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6533 View Post
I was going to make air trip from Calif. to the north store to pick out an HRA CG and SA SG but I'm afraid of getting there and finding the store stock picked over.

Can anyone tell me if there is any sort of weekly or monthly schedule to the north store re-filling the racks with new stock?

Thanks.
Are you looking for USGI wood on the SG? You can call the store and find out, but I was told that the SA SG with USGI wood would likely be gone by sometime around now. This information came from one of the guys behind the desk last Saturday.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu929 View Post
I believe Wednesday is when they receive new shipments.. .
This is incorrect. They dont get new shipments near that often
I beleive shelves are stocked nightly or if they have time during the day as rifles are sold
Old 01-13-2012, 11:04 AM

Rarely stock shelves during the day unless there is high volume event like the national matches. Lately the shipments to the NS coincide with some announced sales event and not much in between. Sometimes it seems you are better heading south to Alabama if you are traveling a long distance anyways. The NS does have good inventory during the national matches. But this last fall, I don't think they got much in between the national matches and this last sales announcement except for slings and bayonets and some .22 rifles. Bottom line - national matches and announced sales events are when the NS is guaranteed to get inventory. Otherwise call ahead before traveling. It never hurts to remind Orest that the NS needs a new shipment. If you want something like WIN-13 or Winchesters with Winchester barrels, you will rarely see those at the NS for whatever reason.

Last edited by abeal; 01-13-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:58 PM

I just ran over to the NS during lunch break. Blowing snow on the roads but passable. The SG racks were mainly full. One rack of SA SGs and three racks of HRA SGs. I found a 5.4m SA SG with muzzle between 0 and 1 with a HRA stock and HRA .U. bolt so I grabbed that one. I was debating about another SA SG with a nice SA stock but the muzzle was between 1 and 2 so I decide the other would be a better shooter. I also found a 4.75m HRA SG with a muzzle less than 1 and had a small DAS cartouched HRA stock. Nice metal on that one. Took that one home also.

Note that this weekend is the Camp Perry Open at the air rifle range.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:03 PM

Man, reports like this make me wish I lived within a couple hours of one of the stores, instead of 11. Pics are forthcoming, I hope?
Old 01-13-2012, 04:28 PM

man abeal, I wish I had lunch breaks like yours.......................
Old 01-13-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeal View Post
I just ran over to the NS during lunch break. Blowing snow on the roads but passable. The SG racks were mainly full. One rack of SA SGs and three racks of HRA SGs. I found a 5.4m SA SG with muzzle between 0 and 1 with a HRA stock and HRA .U. bolt so I grabbed that one. I was debating about another SA SG with a nice SA stock but the muzzle was between 1 and 2 so I decide the other would be a better shooter. I also found a 4.75m HRA SG with a muzzle less than 1 and had a small DAS cartouched HRA stock. Nice metal on that one. Took that one home also.

Note that this weekend is the Camp Perry Open at the air rifle range.
You live just outside of Columbus and you drove to Port Clinton during lunch? That's a pretty good haul, isn't it? Man, I need to get a job working with you. We could go to the store together then! J/k

ETA: I live in the Akron-Canton area of the sunshine state. Feel free to swing by and pick me on your way "out to lunch" someday. (-;

How many SG still have the USGI stocks?

Last edited by Gman1108; 01-13-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: No good reason
Old 01-13-2012, 04:42 PM

I picked up two HRA SG's today. I'd say about 90% have USGI wood.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:14 PM

Akron/Canton area here too. Heading up to the NS tomorrow morning. Hope the racks are full. Really hoping to find a tiger striped stock SG.