Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 10:28 AM

Default N. Store Report for this morning anyone??

Thought about going. I'm curious what the conditions were like this morning. Big crowd or not?
Old 01-25-2012, 11:33 AM

I arrived at 5:30 AM second person there. At 8:30AM there were about 15 in line when the door opened. I never would have thought the place would not be packed. I could have slept in a few more hours. All sights were boxed up and you received them when you left. Hope everyone is lucky enough to get what they need.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:24 PM

Got there at 8:45, no line. No crowd to speak of, maybe 7 guys. Walked right up the counter an picked out the 22 sights I wanted. Good selection and the thinking of the counter guys was, at this rate they should have 22 sights for the next several weeks or more.

Garands:
SA Service grades only 5 available (with lotsa HRA parts)
SA Field grades non available
HRA Service grades, 2 racks full (couple w/LMR barrels)
HRA Field grades 1 rack full (couple w/LMR barrels)
WRA rack grade 1 rack full
WRA field grades 2 racks full
Special grades & correct grades available
M1D's available
Some air rifles available

A few 17's and some other goodies I did not look at.

Put in a dent my CC and left a happy camper!

Last edited by Bear57; 01-25-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:30 PM

I showed up right after Bear (judging from his time of entry (t.o.e.) ). Wasn't looking for garands, but his numbers are in the ballpark (closer than that, even). I heard a lot of positive chatter about the garands there. Lots of 22 barreled receivers, two 22 rifles - a Stevens 416 and a Mossy 144us. Ten parade Krags, fifteen (plus or minus) 1917's and five parade 1917's (chromed), a bunch of Krag BR's and 1917 BR's. 44us BR's abound, as do Anschutz BR's and others. Still some sights (rear and other) to be had, a couple racks of daisey's and five or six of the Gamo's. Slings and receivers on the counter, and you can still gain possession of some of those fine bayonets in different lengths.... oh, drill garands, m1C's and some other stuff... There's still a 5XL (Springfield Match) t-shirt on the rack.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:06 PM

I was the third person into the parking lot this morning, I was expecting a bigger turnout. I went to get a Redfield 75 for my 513t. The sight I got was pretty nice, not much wear on the finish. While waiting for my paperwork to process I checked out a few HRA FG, all the ones I looked at had some WWII parts. Many of the HRA FG in the latest batch have some WWII parts, a great opportunity for the parts hunters. Both of the last HRA FG rifles I bought had SA 9 mod curved op rods. One had a very nice SA 12 trigger housing with all WWII internals including a like new SA 3 hammer. One even had a decent NFR stock with ordnance wheel and the little ordnance wheel on the grip.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:31 AM

What .22 sights do they have available? Heard a little chatter on this...

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer
Old 01-27-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarandGrabber View Post
What .22 sights do they have available? Heard a little chatter on this...
On wed am, they had a very good selection and the counter guys thought at the rate they were being sold, that they would probably have them well into Feb. That could always change, depending on how many are purchased this weekend. Your best bet is to make the trip and pick out what you like. They will not open the boxes for you, but the selection was very good........good luck.....
Old 01-27-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear57 View Post
On wed am, they had a very good selection and the counter guys thought at the rate they were being sold, that they would probably have them well into Feb. That could always change, depending on how many are purchased this weekend. Your best bet is to make the trip and pick out what you like. They will not open the boxes for you, but the selection was very good........good luck.....

Heard sight sales were sluggish at the SS as well. Im in for another S100 if they hold up.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:17 AM

Default North Store Sights

I was there just prior to closing yesterday. From what I could tell everything seemed to still be available. I got a handstop for my 40X, a Palma rear and a Olympic front. I opened the boxes outside the store and the sights were EXTREMELY nice showing very little use. I am very well satisfied. I am hopeful they will last at least a month as I need a set (Redfield 75) for my 513T but wanted to get the Palma while available for my H&R Model 12.

A large selection of rifles, saw nice service grades and field grades and the correct grades were quite nice. M1D's are a disappointment as they all seem to be the Greek repark/blue. Winchesters field grades only seem to externally have only a Winchester receiver. Store was well stocked so lots to choose from.

Lots of .22 rimfire barreled receivers but that strikes me as a really expensive way to build a .22. There was one lone Stevens 416 (a bit rough) and one other .22 rifle that I can't remember what it was now (also a bit rough).
Old 01-27-2012, 09:59 PM

Mossy 144, it was, on Wednesday. sorta rough and $250 or something.