Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > EIC Pistol
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2017, 04:52 PM

Gentlemen, Here's the problem you can get into when you have a loose barrel OD to bushing ID fit - simply changing out the bushing might make little if any difference since the barrel OD might be undersized at least to the extent that will preclude getting an acceptable fit with only a new bushing. If you want to ensure that you get a good fit and still want to stay on the safe side of the rules interpretation, you need to buy both a new mil spec barrel and a new bushing - preferably from the same manufacturer.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:57 PM

MidwayUSA sells Swenson barrels for around 45bucks and bushings for 13.

I have had good luck with them. You may find them better than what you have currently.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:45 PM

Once again history is repeating itself...... I saw the equipment race when the Garand Games started, nothing has changed I see.

b) The pistol must generally conform to the weight and dimensional specifications of the standard-issue service pistol;
c) Rebarreling with a barrel of the same type and length as the M1911 barrel is permitted;
d) Only government-issue parts or government or commercial parts of the same general weight and dimensions may be used;

There you go now stuff a Kart barrel in it and be done. Just remember too remove the Kart stamp on the barrel hood and have it blued, now it a USGI replacement barrel.

Last edited by Phil McGrath; 04-26-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGrath View Post
Once again history is repeating itself...... I saw the equipment race when the Garand Games started, nothing has changed I see.

b) The pistol must generally conform to the weight and dimensional specifications of the standard-issue service pistol;
c) Rebarreling with a barrel of the same type and length as the M1911 barrel is permitted;
d) Only government-issue parts or government or commercial parts of the same general weight and dimensions may be used;

There you go now stuff a Kart barrel in it and be done. Just remember too remove the Kart stamp on the barrel hood and have it blued, now it a USGI replacement barrel.
I would still go back to the beginning of that section and state that adding a match barrel would not be in accordance with this:

7.2.2 The pistol must be in as-issued or "factory stock" condition with standard grips and non-adjustable sights with specialized match conditioning or accurizing features.

I would consider a match barrel an accurzing feature and as I stated before, we are talking about a match shot at 25 yards, so do we really need to do anything to a stock 1911 or 1911A1?
Old 04-26-2018, 03:21 PM

I'd recommend finding post war colt contract replacement barrel. Has C in a little box on the barrel foot.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:47 PM

7.2.2 d says parts of commercial same type sort of. Would KC Crawfords "CMP" hammer/sear set be same enough?

d. Only government-issue parts or government or commercial parts of the same general weight and dimensions may be used;
Old 05-18-2018, 05:47 PM

"...general weight and dimensions..."

AND, for Infantry Trophy Rifle, the team "...may start the the match with a total of 384 rounds..."

"may" is a mistake. Must, or no more than, is what they mean.

xllx@msn.com
Old 05-24-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRT View Post
I would still go back to the beginning of that section and state that adding a match barrel would not be in accordance with this:

7.2.2 The pistol must be in as-issued or "factory stock" condition with standard grips and non-adjustable sights with specialized match conditioning or accurizing features.

I would consider a match barrel an accurzing feature and as I stated before, we are talking about a match shot at 25 yards, so do we really need to do anything to a stock 1911 or 1911A1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGrath View Post

Part B. Really applies too the general overall appearance and weight of the pistol.

See part C, that doesn't stipulate USGI 1911 or 1911a1 parts only. Just same type and length as, is permitted.

Part D, states Commercial parts of the same general weight and dimensions may be used.

No where did I see it specifically address the inside of the barrels bore or type of material, just that it must weight and have the same overall appearance as the USGI part.

Someone, somewhere will use one, and someone else will protest it. I'm no pit lawyer but I think the person that "Win's" and makes the same argument is going too "Win" again, only making for hard feelings from the others.

And it will be so, all over winning a medal.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:44 PM

For what its worth:

My F.Bob Chow hardball pistol that is 60+ years old and has had thousands of rounds through it, has a HS barrel with all of Chow's features. It is so tight that it is a chore to take apart. I think that the barrel is one of the least important parts in the accuracy puzzle. The bushing and tightness of the locking lugs seems to be the key.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:52 AM

As long as a barrel is not marked NM , it should be good to go. Lots of replacement barrels were made by Colt , High Standard and Flannery and are out there.

The Vietnam-era chrome-lined replacement barrels were known to be quite accurate. Made by S&W IIRC.

Something marked NM , or from Bar-Sto , Kart , etc would be a no-no.