X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • g3562
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Danny View Post
    You MAY be feeling the bolt rubbing on the top of the hammer, which it does, by design, even when the hanmer is cocked, just less so when cocked, than uncocked. Obviously, after you snap the trigger, the bolt has to run into the hammer, then over it to cock. When the hammer is cocked, and you run the bolt back, the bolt only has to slightly clip the hammer, then run over it, pressing it down.
    It very well could be this. It just seems so much harder than any other rifles. As mentioned when it's in the far rear position, pushing down on the guide follower does not release the bolt. It is tough to get the bolt to move forward. Come close to garand thumb tying to get it forward. As Orlando stated, I do need to go shoot the rifle and at least know that it functions properly with a different stock. Thanks!

Comment

• g3562
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by epm729 View Post
      It sounds as if the op-rod is rubbing somewhere. Take the action out of the stock and look for rub marks on the wood. If you find rub marks relieve a little wood from the area and reassemble the rifle and see if that helps. The first place to look is op-rod web under the barrel. Eddie
      Thanks Eddie, I have done so and it doesn't seem to help.

Comment

• lemmonhead
        • May 2010

I am having similar problems with my field grade special. My thoughts are:
        1. The stock ferrule sits high with new parkerizing and is rubbing on the op rod. Mine drags pretty bad.

2. Possibly the op rod is a little tweaked. The bend in the op rod might be a little more on this rifle causing it to drag on the ferrule more or the causing more drag on the op rod piston in the gas cylinder.

3. Op rod spring. I don’t know if the CMP used new springs or surplus springs that are on hand. Could use a new Op rod spring.

Comment

Working...
        X