Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warlock
    • Mar 2010

The Bitterroot portion of MT is starting to turn to spring. The tweety birds are back and there are signs of the geese starting to nest. The winter here has not been bad and it scares me to think of what might happen this summer. With all the beetle kill and dry conditions may make things really smokey this summer. I hope all is well on your side. JW
    You only think you're alone

Comment

• graywulf4570
      • Feb 2012

Reasonably new to the forum and starting to find my way around; I too am in the Mississippi area. Hello.

Comment

• Warlock
        • Mar 2010

I suppose the MS gang is going to kick the MT red headed stepchild out of the club now. Oh, by the way, good to hear from you graywulf4570. JW

Comment

• graywulf4570
          • Feb 2012

I guess there are a few Mississippi folks in the CMP forum; I am interested in getting more involved with target shooting using the old service rifles I worked with while in the military. Im anxious about restoring the M1s that are available from CMP and getting up to Anniston to see them. Down here where I live, there arent many at all to be seen or traded.

Comment

• captain-03
            • Oct 2009

MT - you are certainly free to hang around. Only drove through MT once on the way back from AK (mid-70's) .. We actually had NO winter this year. A couple days below freezing and that was about it.

Graywulf4570 -- Use the harbor at Long Beach to launch the boat at times; especially, when I head-out to Cat Island. I, too, love the Garand. Hope you make it up this way one day and shoot the CMP Service Rifle Matches ... We shoot one last Saturday -- loads of fun and great fellowship!!
            Last edited by captain-03; 03-13-2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• miker84
              • Jul 2012

Still dead I see.

Comment

• Warlock
                • Mar 2010

Not dead. I believe the go to word now a days is tactical

Comment

• dx'd
                  • Apr 2012

Everybody went to the Tony Robbins Firewalk.

Comment

• captain-03
                    • Oct 2009

Still dead!!

Comment

• frodo
                      • Sep 2012

where is the cmp in mississippi ?
                      M eye crooked letter crooked letter eye crooked letter crooked letter eye hump back hump back eye !!

Comment

• captain-03
                        • Oct 2009

No cmp in Mississippi -- just a bunch of i's, s's, and p's!!

Meadville -- I am orginally from McComb ....

Comment

• frodo
                          • Sep 2012

its so dead i can hear the wind blowing !!
                          from Mccomb huh ? how long u been gone?
                          McComb is trying to grow, added onto the hosp. and all kind of new business. on delaware ave
                          you know about where i am at
                          i'am out here in the woods, hiding behind all the pine trees!
                          i have deer in my front yard, racoons in the garbage
                          squirels everywhere, and turkeys gobbling across the street
                          at the risk of sounding like jethro bodine, i have targets set up so i can shoot, sitting on the front porch. man, there is nothing like living rural.
                          only draw back is gas prices, i travel 30 miles to get groceries

Comment

• Craftsman
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by frodo View Post
                            its so dead i can hear the wind blowing !!
                            from Mccomb huh ? how long u been gone?
                            McComb is trying to grow, added onto the hosp. and all kind of new business. on delaware ave
                            you know about where i am at
                            i'am out here in the woods, hiding behind all the pine trees!
                            i have deer in my front yard, racoons in the garbage
                            squirels everywhere, and turkeys gobbling across the street
                            at the risk of sounding like jethro bodine, i have targets set up so i can shoot, sitting on the front porch. man, there is nothing like living rural.
                            only draw back is gas prices, i travel 30 miles to get groceries
                            I "travel" 30 seconds to the corner grocery, and my neighbors homes are 10 feet away, on both sides. The only thing I hear "gobblin" are the neighbors arguing sometimes. Different worlds.
                            Wish I could shoot from my yard, but I'd be ushered off to a cozy cell, me-thinks.
                            Grandfathers Dwight & Percy- Both WWI US Army, Tank Corps & Corps of Engineers
                            Uncle Colby- WWII US Army Infantry - European Theater / Battle of the Bulge
                            Dad - US Army 1954-1956 Infantry Radio/Morse Code Instructor, Fort Knox

VFW Patriots Circle Member
                            NRA Life Member
                            CMP - GSVMM Master Instructor

Comment

• captain-03
                              • Oct 2009

What you know -- we actually have a conversation developing on here -- even if part of it comes from FL.

Yep, McComb is trying to grow; do not know about the political side and how well it will be run ... or run into the ground. Still have family in the Summit and Liberty area.

As for FL, love the weather, most of the time. Took a fishing trip to the Keys in Oct of last year .... had a ball. Always take the grandkids (2 - ages now 4 and 7) to Tampa with me each year. I have to go every July for a week for a dumb class I must take for certification. The kids love the beaches ...

Comment

• frodo
                                • Sep 2012

my wife has family in mccomb. she knows a lot of folks there, summit too
                                i was plinken with my 22 today. just hanging out. having a good time by myself. and all of a sudden a squirrel starts barken at me, wouldn't shut up for nothen. i hollered at him to hush. he didnt listen
                                take a guess at whats for supper??
                                i know what you mean, i dumb class. i have to go to texas every year for continue education. pay a hundred bucks and listen to some old guy blah blah blah
                                for 10 hrs. just to keep my master plumbers license current
                                frodo
                                Last edited by frodo; 11-14-2012, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X