Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvergoat View Post
You should be fine. The purpose of the notary is to verify that the info on the forms is correct.
Reading these forums can make you question your life choices. Itís madness at times.
That's not so, at all. The notary has no way of verifying whether the information on the forms is correct. The notary's purpose in only to verify that you, the signer, are actually who you say you are. When I got my Form 2A notarized I didn't even have the other forms with me.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:18 PM

How can I know if my packet was accepted? I would like to resubmit it if I left something out. Oh and can I resubmit before the dead line? Or am I just out of it for messing up, if I did?
Thanks
Old 09-22-2018, 01:28 PM

You will know when you are notified of your number, everyone was given 90+ days to ensure their order packet was correct and complete. If you follow instructions and included required documents you are good to go. Those that have submitted more than 1 order packet, for whatever reason will be rejected.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
You will know when you are notified of your number, everyone was given 90+ days to ensure their order packet was correct and complete. If you follow instructions and included required documents you are good to go. Those that have submitted more than 1 order packet, for whatever reason will be rejected.
Thank you for the prompt reply. I can understand what you are saying.
Is there any time frame to expect notification of your number if your request was accepted?
Thanks
Old 09-22-2018, 07:36 PM

Yes Buck, when your number comes up. How long that will take depends on your number.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:33 PM

I thought we were going to receive an email to notify us of our lottery number? It would be nice to know if we made the cut on this batch of pistols.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808swanny View Post
I thought we were going to receive an email to notify us of our lottery number? It would be nice to know if we made the cut on this batch of pistols.
Picture this guys, a room full of unopened mail with numbers assigned to each piece of mail. When they start running the "lottery machine" they will take those numbers and find the corresponding piece of mail ie the "packet" and if it is yours you are contacted and offered the grades they have at that time. It is all totally random and depends on when your number comes in. It could take years!
Old 09-23-2018, 11:01 AM

I believe I was one of the form 4a not sent crowd. I used it as my checklist but thought it was MY checklist. Yeah, need to read more closely. However I did include a copy of my DL, SSN card, Birth Certificate, match results sheet, DD214 etc. Only thing I didn't send for I.D. were urine and stool samples. That's meant to be funny!!!!!
Old 09-23-2018, 11:03 AM

I have tried to keep up with the info in all the posts here, but one thing I have tried to find relates to when we are notified of our number.

So if I did my part and my packet is accepted, and my number happens to be 35,000- will I know this when generated along with everyone else? Or, nobody is told what position they are in and I will be contacted 4 years from now out of the blue when it is my turn is up?

It will be what it is and I'm sure whichever way the CMP decides will be fine, just curious. Perhaps this was already addressed and I missed it?
Old 09-23-2018, 11:40 AM

We should call this our "Sweepstakes Number"! The "Lottery" is against the Law in the State of Alabama. A ticket has to be purchased to enter into a lottery but with a sweepstakes there is no purchase required to enter and win....then we all would be in the Sweep Stakes drawing, like seen on TV..... Less stressful waiting for them to knock on the door.