• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • epm729
    • Oct 2009

I think its time to end this category

Dear CMP Admin,
    The My Gun Data base is dead. I think its time to remove this category and move on to something else. Respectfully, Eddie
  • 2020_Reloader
    • Apr 2020

Messed Up Link

I am not sure where to post this so if I am in the wrong please please free to move it.

I was looking at the Gun DB section on this page:

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=45657

I did not look at the date on the OP, but the link, in the origional post took me to a foreign sight in Japanese or Chinese.

Just thought I would let someone know so it can be corrected or removed.

Thanks

Comment

• Big_Red
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by 2020_Reloader View Post
      I am not sure where to post this so if I am in the wrong please please free to move it.

I was looking at the Gun DB section on this page:

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=45657

I did not look at the date on the OP, but the link, in the origional post took me to a foreign sight in Japanese or Chinese.

Just thought I would let someone know so it can be corrected or removed.

Thanks
      Thank you for the notification...I’ve removed that link.

Originally posted by epm729 View Post
      Dear CMP Admin,
      The My Gun Data base is dead. I think its time to remove this category and move on to something else. Respectfully, Eddie
      As each of you (and others) have pointed out, in addition to an apparent bad link for the CMP DB site and a lack of activity on this forum and related FB pages, doesn’t appear this program is viable/supported any further.
      I will follow up and see if we need to remove or close this section.

With that, does anyone have any input as to whether leaving it up will provide any use, I.e - Maybe there is some info in this section that still has relevance and/or applicability to any of our forum members, or even simply a historical reference?
      I’ve not used this program, so open to any input from y’all who you have used it as it pertains to the posts/threads in this section and any possible viability.

Thanks,
      Rob
      Proud son of a Vietnam Veteran (1969, 1970) - In memoriam
      OEF - '02, '08 / OIF - '03, '10 / OND - '11 / OIR/OEF - '15

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544

Comment

• rgdguns
        • Nov 2013

The program has basically been abandoned by the developer. It still works well for what it is. Unfortunately it is subject to bad links errors at startup, frequent crashing, nonfunctioning backups, and data loss. I manually backup after any data input and you need to manually remove files before reistalling. It is a real shame this was a decent program at on time.

Is the developer still supporting the cmp? from what I can see on their website NO
        Is their any activity in the forum section ? NO
        Is the program reliable? NO
        Is the CMP still advertising the software on their website? YES this needs visited for removal also

If it is up for vote I say remove from forums and CMP website both

Comment

• Stingray
          • Dec 2009

I support removing this section, or at least locking it so future members can see it's been abandoned. I was a former user of this program, I'm not seeing much useful info in any of the more recent posts.

If anyone still has a working version and uses MyGunDB I would highly recommend backing-up/exporting the pertinent info and look for other alternatives for the day when your MyGunDB stops working.

Comment

• carbineone
            • Jan 2012

I guess I will vote it can go away, but I never knew it even existed till now, and I still have not figured out what it does, and am not willing to learn either,LOL

Comment

• Big_Red
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2013

Thank you for your input guys. Between that and the lack of any other input, I will follow up regarding at least locking this section.

Rob
              Proud son of a Vietnam Veteran (1969, 1970) - In memoriam
              OEF - '02, '08 / OIF - '03, '10 / OND - '11 / OIR/OEF - '15

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544

Comment

• GuapoPogi
                • Apr 2014

From another thread
                May 08th, 2016
                Originally posted by GuapoPogi View Post
                Broken, no longer supported. Do Not Buy.

GuapoPogi
                August 28th, 2016
                Originally posted by GuapoPogi View Post
                ....I will say again. THIS PROGRAM IS BROKEN, UNSUPPORTED AND QUESTIONS/TICKETS SUBMITTED TO THE DEVELOPER ARE NOT RESPONDED TO. DO NOT BUY THIS PROGRAM. Now I have a sore throat from yelling.

GuapoPogi
                I’ve been telling people for 4 years to stay away from this program. I vote that this section ought to be deleted.

GuapiPogi
                Masquerading as a man with a reason
                My charade is the event of the season
                And if I claim to be a wise man
                It surely means that I don't know

Comment

• epm729
                  • Oct 2009

Its been over two years since I started this post and this sub forum is still here. Couldn't this space be used for something else. Eddie

Comment

Working...
                  X