TY

Comment

• bandofM1
        • Feb 2013

Crickets till match.

Comment

• skohler
          • Nov 2009

I'm going to be passing by the north store on my way from PA to Chicago, is it worth stopping in? From the few reports it sounds like there isn't much there. I don't need anything, but if there are any field or service grades of anything I wouldn't mind a peek.

Last time I was there was during the carbine release!

Comment

• Shomway
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by skohler View Post
            I'm going to be passing by the north store on my way from PA to Chicago, is it worth stopping in? From the few reports it sounds like there isn't much there. I don't need anything, but if there are any field or service grades of anything I wouldn't mind a peek.

Last time I was there was during the carbine release!
            When are you going?
            31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
            Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950

Comment

• skohler
              • Nov 2009

Tomorrow, it is more of an afterthought though. Focused on the trip itself and I realized I would be driving right past it. I used to visit the north store often when I lived in Indiana, but not since moving to south central Pennsylvania. Not exactly a close trip anymore.

Comment

• Shomway
                • Apr 2012

Tough call on if it's worth it. With the National Matches coming up they may be saving any new stock for that time. Then again they could throw out some teaser rifles just prior to the Matches. The store will be open this week, and not reopen till July 8th.
                Might want to give them a call tomorrow on the way and see if anything new has been put out....PHONE: (419) 635-2141 EXT 615/617
                http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads...f?ver=20190612

Comment

• skohler
                  • Nov 2009

Thanks, that's great advice and appreciate the contact info. I'll probably take the paperwork along and call as I'm headed that way. Who knows, maybe a gem will be sitting there waiting for the right person.

Comment

• skohler
                    • Nov 2009

Was able to stop in. Quite a few M1C and D. M1C is a little to rich for my needs and the M1D I saw were field grade and the muzzle wear was higher than I thought reasonable. I searched through the IHC fields, probably 40 or so there, and found one that had a TE of 2 and MW of 2+. Took it up and had a great conversation with Bob, who looked it over and went over all the IHC parts it had. Super nice and helpful, could have chatted with him all day. All had hackberry stocks. He thought it was a Turk return. I would have grabbed another, but all the rest gauged higher than I wanted.

Slim pickings for sure, Bob wasn’t particularly optimistic about what may be arriving. Also had a number of specials in 30.06 and 308, was tempted but ultimately decided I didn’t want one.

I did find a decent loose VAR barrel with low measurements for $20 that came home with me. Hopefully the bore looks good when I clean it up.

Comment

• Shomway
                      • Apr 2012

I was curious if you were going to stop. Thanks for a great store report!...

Comment

• skohler
                        • Nov 2009

I may have just found another cool fact. Looks like the second sn block for IHC started with 5,000,501. My sn is 5,000,6**. I’m on a trip and the rifle is in my trunk and I can’t remember the last 2 digits. Looks like it is within the first 200 of this second block.

Probably not significant but fun for me.

Comment

• abeal
                          • Oct 2009

It is always worth stopping at the North Store, even if you don’t buy anything. Where else can you pick up and look at a hundred M1 Garands? Plus, these are rare times to see IHCs at the NS, even if they are well worn. In the future, people will be kicking themselves for not picking up one.

Comment

Working...
                          X