Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2019, 07:02 PM

Default "Correct" Mag Catch for 6.79 mil Inland?

I'm a longtime collector, bought all the books, but never joined the Carbine Club. Hoping someone could share some knowledge. I've a Type C Inland mag catch on my 6,777,7XX hand-stamp. Would this likely be correct or could it possibly have an Inland marked Type D?

No big deal, I've put Type C, D, or E on all my carbines as I'm shooting all of them in order to ensure 100% functioning. But if an Inland mag catch with the support tang was possibly correct I'd put one on it. From Ruth I wasn't sure if a Type E might only be on M2's.

I am holding on to all my period correct marked mag catches. Just enjoying life now and shooting everything.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:30 PM

M on the face without the extra tang. You don't really see the later magazine catch on M1s until into the 6.9 range. M1 parts were used on M1s until they ran out and all the subcontracted parts were delivered.
If you are going to shoot 30 rd magazines, put the later magazine catch on it and keep the earlier part for wall hanging.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Ring View Post
M on the face without the extra tang. You don't really see the later magazine catch on M1s until into the 6.9 range. M1 parts were used on M1s until they ran out and all the subcontracted parts were delivered.
If you are going to shoot 30 rd magazines, put the later magazine catch on it and keep the earlier part for wall hanging.
Thanks buddy!