Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2010, 10:11 PM

Default Another Wyoming guy

John here from Alpine and ready for the weather to turn nice to get out and do some shootin'!

Several CMP M1's under my belt in addition to anything U.S. I can get my hands on.

Going to try to get to the river one evening this week if the weather cooperates to shoot. Rocks are the target of choice, starting at 200 yards and on out as far as you please!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:34 AM

I absolutely love Wyoming. My favorite state. I wish I could go to the river and shoot rocks.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:17 AM

Welcome! What part of Wyoming?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to deputy85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
Welcome! What part of Wyoming?
Alpine is a town in Lincoln County, Wyoming, United States. The population was 550 at the 2000 census. Alpine is located at the southern end of the Snake River Canyon where the Snake River enters Palisades Reservoir. The town is also known as Alpine Junction since it marks the point where US Route 89 and US Route 26 turn in opposite directions. The two routes run concurrently through the Snake River Canyon from Jackson, Wyoming. In Alpine, US 89 turns south toward Afton, Wyoming, while US 26 turns north and follows the edge of Palisades Reservoir to Swan Valley, Idaho. Three rivers come together in the vicinity of Alpine; The Snake, The Salt, and The Greys - all three flow into the Palisades Reservoir,
Old 05-11-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy85 View Post
Alpine is a town in Lincoln County, Wyoming, United States. The population was 550 at the 2000 census. Alpine is located at the southern end of the Snake River Canyon where the Snake River enters Palisades Reservoir. The town is also known as Alpine Junction since it marks the point where US Route 89 and US Route 26 turn in opposite directions. The two routes run concurrently through the Snake River Canyon from Jackson, Wyoming. In Alpine, US 89 turns south toward Afton, Wyoming, while US 26 turns north and follows the edge of Palisades Reservoir to Swan Valley, Idaho. Three rivers come together in the vicinity of Alpine; The Snake, The Salt, and The Greys - all three flow into the Palisades Reservoir,

Lol, how did I miss that? Deputy has proven himself to be a walking atlas. I grew up about 40 miles from Alpine in a tiny town called Smoot (no jokes please).
Old 05-11-2010, 01:46 PM

Could have been worse blockhead. Coulkd have been "Blow me down, Canada, or Knockemstiff, OH, Ding Dong, TX, Toad Suck, AR, see what I mean Smoot's not so bad.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:49 PM

Welcome sir.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:02 PM

Hello 13Fox, welcome to the forum
Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 PM

It's the Greys River just up from its confluence with the Snake that I break lots of rocks. Sure is a great place to play and five minutes from the house!

Obviously, I am familiar with Smoot... drive thru it frequently. Especially when I head south to shoot prairie dogs!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:30 AM

Alpine is a beautiful town. Drove through it on my way to Jackson Hole. Ive skiied Jackson so much that I was looking into buying a place in Alpine. Even that was prohibitively expensive. I love that part of the country and have flown to and driven to it many times.