Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2018, 07:57 PM

not to be a jerk, but it has it in the instructions and it has the notary info on the form itself.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:57 PM

Notary is required. It's in the instructions to sign in the presence of a notary.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:31 PM

Ihcgarand and FLD- Common sense would dictate that you would include all sequential numbered pages (4A) and make sure the date was filled in, but exceptions were made for people that made these honest mistakes. I imagine CMP1911 will find many of these errors to be common. Thanks to this forum some of us are fortunate enough to realize a mistake we made before the closing date. Why not give us an opportunity to fix it or at least reapply next year? The rules in place to prevent abuse of the lottery system make sense but many of us have now disqualified ourselves out of the next 10 years of lottery drawings.

At the end of the day I have no one to blame for the mistake but myself. I just hope there is some chance for us to get an opportunity in the next decade.

Hopefully for your sake, your packet was impeccable, not to sound like a jerk.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooter View Post
Ihcgarand and FLD- Common sense would dictate that you would include all sequential numbered pages (4A) and make sure the date was filled in, but exceptions were made for people that made these honest mistakes. I imagine CMP1911 will find many of these errors to be common. Thanks to this forum some of us are fortunate enough to realize a mistake we made before the closing date. Why not give us an opportunity to fix it or at least reapply next year? The rules in place to prevent abuse of the lottery system make sense but many of us have now disqualified ourselves out of the next 10 years of lottery drawings.

At the end of the day I have no one to blame for the mistake but myself. I just hope there is some chance for us to get an opportunity in the next decade.

Hopefully for your sake, your packet was impeccable, not to sound like a jerk.
I would go ahead and contact CMP and see if they'll allow you to send in the form itself.

For future reference, in general, any form that has a section for a notary to sign needs to be notarized to be legal and valid, as well as being an original copy.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Just pointing out that there were other areas you missed the notary being mentioned. It would have been nice if it was in the checklist... but it's just a checklist. it's good to read the instruction page and the forms themselves as well.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihcgarand View Post
I would go ahead and contact CMP and see if they'll allow you to send in the form itself.

For future reference, in general, any form that has a section for a notary to sign needs to be notarized to be legal and valid, as well as being an original copy.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Just pointing out that there were other areas you missed the notary being mentioned. It would have been nice if it was in the checklist... but it's just a checklist. it's good to read the instruction page and the forms themselves as well.
Fair enough and not trying to be a jerk either, just ticked that I overlooked the notary requirement (as anyone would be if they realized they missed something). I have a feeling what’s done is done. Hopefully others can learn from my mistake.

Last edited by Chooter; 09-17-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihcgarand View Post
Post #1 item #2 in this thread seems to answer this question.

JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 09-17-2018, 09:12 PM

^

I understand that. But worse they can say is "no". And they have made exceptions for other things.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Ok, here is the new scoop on 4A's and missing documents:

3. If ANYONE is found to have submitted more than one packet, both will be REJECTED. We have already had a few submit packets who put their first name and one in their middle name and because they were post marked too early were caught. Also in has come to our attention that on another forum it was discussed that if you sent in multiple packets it would increase your chances of getting at least one low number. If anyone is found doing this they will be banned from CMP and its activities.

4. If you have submitted more than one packet in an envelope than both packets will be rejected. As we will not make the decision on whose to keep and whose to reject as only one lottery number will be assigned to an envelope. (this includes envelopes, boxes, shipping containers, all types of contains used to mail an item).
I hope mine and my Dads were not sent to the reject pile because of #3.

I'm a JR, so same name as my father, except he now goes by his middle name (so the return label had his middle name), but we have the same full name on official documents. Also, I'm using the same address as him while I'm having my house built, to add to the confusion.

We did send them in separate envelopes, mailed on the 4th, so if the envelopes are opened then they would see it is two people that differ in age by 31 yrs.

Y'all definitely have your hands full. Thank you for your efforts, and making us happy with our ordered gifts over the years.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Ok, here is the new scoop on 4A's and missing documents:

1. While the sales personal would like the 4A, if you did not include it in your packet we will still accept the packet if that is all that is missing.
Thank you!
Old 09-18-2018, 06:37 AM

Similar to Broncobisley, my 2 sons and I are sending our packets today (separate envelopes) my oldest son is “Jr” and we all have same address. But closer examination will reflect different ages, SS#, phone and email. All required documentation is provided, just hoping all goes well.