Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipinSD View Post
OP, or anyone, why would you get delayed with a UPIN? I thought that was the big reason for getting one?
I was told by the FFL that it might be an "administrative" delay caused by not having the right personnel available to review or other volume issues. I did some research and it seems that NICS is woefully understaffed and poorly funded. Go figure.

So I ended up getting a call this evening that I got a proceed. The delay was eight hours. With a UPIN. I can pick up the rifle tomorrow.

Sure makes me glad I went through the process to get the UPIN!
Old 10-16-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothemax View Post
Can you get a concealed weapons permit? No NICS check when you buy a gun that way..
OP is asking about buying a 1911. From CMP1911. He is asking on the CMP forum.

So no, this doesn't apply at all.
JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 10-17-2018, 09:25 AM

I went to the North Store to get my M1D combo.

Delay as expected unfortunately...except this time the delay was 3 months.

Thankfully they worked with me until cleared and I received rifle.

Longest 3 month wait of my life
Old 10-18-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Fish View Post
The delay happens because a supervisor has to look at it and approve, sometimes only takes an extra 5 minutes sometimes its 24 hrs
I am always delayed. There's another dude with the same name as me in my city that has a rap sheet a mile long. The way my FFL explained it is if there are 20 people doing checks 19 are doing initial checks and one does deeper checks if there's a red flag on someone. If they get busy they move the person doing the deeper checks up to the front and anyone who has a red flag is automatically put on a 3 day delay and they will review when they can.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:24 PM

About 8 years back for no reason I started getting delayed, this lasted for years, then for no reason the delays stopped. Purchased a rifle at a LGS and wouldn't you know it delayed again. I always use my SS# ,doesn't make any difference
Old 10-18-2018, 03:35 PM

Granted, it has no bearing here, with the 1911 release. That said.

Have You considered, or do You have an 03FFL? My NICS checks are about instantaneous having that for non-c&r purchases.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:54 PM

yes
Old 10-18-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaTheKid View Post
Granted, it has no bearing here, with the 1911 release. That said.

Have You considered, or do You have an 03FFL? My NICS checks are about instantaneous having that for non-c&r purchases.
Makes no difference. I have had my 03 FFL for over six years and still get delayed.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:36 AM

I have been 'delayed' several times over the years, for no reason. I have never been arrested, and haven't even had a traffic ticket since 1988. I have a completely unique name, the only one in the entire country. There are only a couple dozen or so of my last name in the entire country... So it does happen, for no reason, but, unless NICS calls back within 3 days with a 'reason', the dealer is free to sell to the customer, at his/her discretion... I think I've just been unlucky, when the NICS person needs to take a smoke break or something... Of course anyone with a felony, would never even bother to fill out the forms in the first place, because, that in itself would be a felony...
Old 10-20-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutogunNY View Post
I have been 'delayed' several times over the years, for no reason. I have never been arrested, and haven't even had a traffic ticket since 1988. I have a completely unique name, the only one in the entire country. There are only a couple dozen or so of my last name in the entire country... So it does happen, for no reason, but, unless NICS calls back within 3 days with a 'reason', the dealer is free to sell to the customer, at his/her discretion... I think I've just been unlucky, when the NICS person needs to take a smoke break or something... Of course anyone with a felony, would never even bother to fill out the forms in the first place, because, that in itself would be a felony...
One of the most common reasons for getting a delay is load on the computers. They will hiccup and it is instant DELAY. Doesn't mean the person did anything wrong and it can happen to anyone. Sometimes the NICS people manage to get it squared away in minutes. Other times it can take days. And even approvals vary. Some as long as 30 minutes while at other times, they get just the name, SSN, and State/Territory in and it is approved.