Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2019, 02:31 PM

Default Why all the high RGNs?

Already over #8500 before the second round? I mean it is great, I unexpectedly got mine at #8203, but just curious what happened to only 8000 on the first round? My original RGN email even said I missed out on this round so I wasn't holding my breath. Have that many people decided they don't really want to spend the money on one? Or not passing background checks? Or maybe I didn't understand the accounting process.

I would love to hear something new from CMP for the folks still waiting and to quell the curiosity. At this pace, there should be plenty so that everyone that put in an application and is qualified will easily be able to get one if/when we see a second round of pistols (fingers crossed for that second round). Good luck to everyone still on the list!

Last edited by C Dexter; 08-08-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:51 PM

We have speculated without any confirmation I might add that the numbers started at 1000 so 8500 would be 7500. Also I think there have been more than a few who didn't complete the process for some reason and there have been some returned to the CMP by people who thought they weren't nice enough or whatever. There was a post about that from CMP1911Admin.

Feedback Thread
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261
Old 08-08-2019, 05:50 PM

I have seen a few people mention putting in multiple packets, wives, kids, etc. In order to raise their odds. I always just assumed it was due to something like that but maybe the other theory is right.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:04 PM

I really think they will get deep into 9k’s before they run out. Just my hunch.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:01 PM

It's possible they got a second shipment and didn't advertise it.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
It's possible they got a second shipment and didn't advertise it.
this is what i'm wondering about
Old 08-08-2019, 09:06 PM

Glad I wasn't the only one.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_g View Post
I have seen a few people mention putting in multiple packets, wives, kids, etc. In order to raise their odds. I always just assumed it was due to something like that but maybe the other theory is right.
It's not only folks looking to raise the odds. Some of us do have wives and kids who shoot and collect. I doubt if there are many families in which all members qualify for purchasing from the CMP.
None of my three kids were interested, nor would they have qualified, but my wife, who shoots, carries and collects a few put her name in. She meets all the requirements. Unfortunately she drew RNG 18398.
Click Here For My Feedback

In honor of my father, Howard C. Ricks. Corporal, Co. E, 2nd Battalion, 20th Marine Engineers, 4th Marine Division. Later renamed Co. B, 4th Pioneer Battalion after Marianna Operation. Service dates February 1943 to October 31, 1945, Combat action: Roi-Namur, Saipan, Tinian and Iwo Jima. His rifle SA 893999 met "Captain Crunch".
http://wwiimemorial.com/Registry/pla...oreeID=1841138

Last edited by sigman2; 08-08-2019 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:08 PM

cmpadmin stated early in the process that they were basically grading them and reserving the premium ones for auction as they went. Perhaps their initial estimates of how many were auction grade were a bit higher than reality.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
cmpadmin stated early in the process that they were basically grading them and reserving the premium ones for auction as they went. Perhaps their initial estimates of how many were auction grade were a bit higher than reality.
Never even thought about that. Seems plausible.