Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2019, 10:20 PM

Default Nice 1911's

From what I see looks like the pistols that have been received are pretty nice looking. I sense everyone is happy with them.

Any shooting results? I just quickly combed the various threads and didn't see any reports.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavil58cm View Post
From what I see looks like the pistols that have been received are pretty nice looking. I sense everyone is happy with them.

Any shooting results? I just quickly combed the various threads and didn't see any reports.
Look for 'range report' threads.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....t=range+report
Old 03-31-2019, 07:05 AM

I had my early 45 Ithaca/Ithaca usmc rebuild out at the range yesterday. 148 rounds (all of them) without a hitch. Felt just like my Springfield Armory milspec. It did, however, give off an odor best described as a mix of hot dusty radiator and Grandma's clothes closet

Bill
Old 03-31-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWilliam View Post
I had my early 45 Ithaca/Ithaca usmc rebuild out at the range yesterday. 148 rounds (all of them) without a hitch. Felt just like my Springfield Armory milspec. It did, however, give off an odor best described as a mix of hot dusty radiator and Grandma's clothes closet

Bill
Almost as if these are small time machines. For me, it was the thought that other than the CMP test firing, the last time it was used was by a member of our armed forces.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:51 AM

Respectfully, many people are getting nice pistols. But bear in mind that by their nature, these are not beauty queens by design or intent.

For a while about seven years back or so, it seemed everyone has getting a fantastic field grade M1 rifle that "should have been" a service grade. Of course that can happen, but the other half of the story was that proud owners were sharing photos and people who merely got "OK" rifles were not showing pictures left and right. It would not be accurate to say "all" field grade recipients were very fortunate during those few months, but it did seem that way.

Without the slightest intent to offend, I feel that a certain amount of this same condition must exist with 1911/1911A1 purchases; it is only logical.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:09 AM

I’m sure they meet the grade description...both upper and LOWER end of the spectrum!! I expect ALL will function well!!
Old 03-31-2019, 10:05 AM

As long as mine functions well Iím not overly concerned about looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-31-2019, 10:44 AM

Default This

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin medic View Post
As long as mine functions well Iím not overly concerned about looks.
The range officer was concerned about brass from the m1 hitting mine. Please. If it could only talk...
Bill
Old 03-31-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWilliam View Post
The range officer was concerned about brass from the m1 hitting mine. Please. If it could only talk...
Bill

LOL! Mine spent their lives loaded with 3 rounds protecting Class A agents in the payline!
Old 04-01-2019, 10:56 AM

Took mine out the other day, shot pretty much point of aim at 25yds. First 2 mags were loaded with only 2rds each in case of “going auto”. Ran fine, so went with full mags. Just wish the sights were better lol. Oh, lubed it up beforehand, very dry everywhere. Also ran it thru all safety checks before trying it.