X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ham_Chu
    • Jan 2013

Chow Hall at National Matches?

For years now I have read about this mysterious 'Chow Hall' somewhere on Perry...

Is this really a thing? or just another tube of elbow grease, or box of grid squares?

If so:

Where is it located?
    When does it open?
    What does it cost for breakfast?
    Do they serve anything other than DoD standard 'S' On A Shingle?

Thanx
  • dnmccoy
    • Apr 2011

Its not mysterious, it exists and is actually a pretty good breakfast

-Its located on the main road coming into the base on the right, i dont remember the building number but there is plenty of singage. When you get your paperwork at registration it has all the details

-It opens waaay early, I want to say around 4am

-Its affordable, maybe $6 for all you can eat

-Its a good mix,similar to hotels continental breakfast
    Last edited by dnmccoy; 06-30-2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• hi-revr
      • Oct 2012

I think it's one street to the east. It's more or less like a school cafeteria. Breakfast was not the best but there was enough variety to get by. Dinner was pretty good most of the time.
      Distinguished Rifleman #2227
      President's Hundred

Gold Daniel Boone Medal

Comment

• rifle guy
        • Oct 2009

hi-revr has the location correct. Official opening time has been 5 AM but if there is a line and they are ready they will unlock early. Don't forget the tip jar! Scrambled eggs with sausage, bacon or ham along with potatoes. Sometime pancakes or bisquits and gravy. Always a table full of fruit for on line. You are there to shoot so it's all passable with juice, milk & coffee. Bagged up lunches to go and as hi-revr mentioned usually a pretty good dinner hour. Don't miss the fish fry on Friday!

Best thing going on base, oops, the only thing going on base that early!

rifle guy @ LSC
        M1 Enblocs Wanted, Fedders (f), Lerio Patent Cup (C), Danley Machine (danley), Thomas French (TF&S)

Comment

• mtlucas0311
          • Jul 2011

Building 2304. On the NW corner of Trippe and Harmon. I ate there several times, breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all under $10 for all you can eat...it's always been pretty good. I think it's best for breakfast and lunch, but I had a really good dinner one night (lasagna and spaghetti with meatballs).
          Last edited by mtlucas0311; 07-12-2015, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• lonegunman
            • Apr 2012

It is like school food from yesteryear. It is a very nice place for an inexpensive meal or box lunch and to sit and unwind with your team mates or buddies and have a meal. It is the only affordable thing on Camp Perry.

Comment

• Ham_Chu
              • Jan 2013

Thanx

Comment

• Ham_Chu
                • Jan 2013

Chow hall was great....timing is perfect for AM matches and the food is much better than a mess hall of olde. $7 breakfast.

No more waiting in McD parking lot at 0500 waiting for the doors to open.....

Thanx to those who helped out, it made our experience much better (although the heat.....)

Comment

• Major
                  • Jan 2014

+1 for good chow hall. Much better than any previous attempts at feeding the hungry shooters. Their carry away lunch package was super.. included a quart sized Gatorade which was really appreciated.

Maj

Comment

Working...
                  X