Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2014, 04:26 PM

It's a good thing I wasn't around by the time those popped up. I REALLY don't have the money to drop on a Winchester, but I KNOW I would have bought one. Jealous of everyone who lucked out, but at least I can pay the bills this month!
Old 04-18-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON64 View Post
Update...Orest was at the store and saved the day; He went in the back to look around, and when he returned he asked Leon and company to bring out 10 Winchester Field Grades... and they were rather nice too!

A forum member helped me come to my senses by convincing me that I had the deal of a life time, a Winchester (1943) with a `43 barrel that gauged ME=2 & TE=2. I put back a `43 Winchester with a repalcement barrel that gauged a ME=1 & TE=2.

I was worried, but a chance to meet some awesome collectors and Orest... No worries, I'm Very glad I came!

I just got home, so pics and video are yet to come...
Johnnie,

When I read your first post I was bummed out - because I know how much you wanted to find a nice rifle.

Then I read this one and it made my day. Congratulations!

The Winchesters are nice to have. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures, or even better, seeing the rifle out at the Blue and Gray.

I hope that, in the excitement, you remembered ammo and clips. If not give me a call and I'll get some to you.

"Life is Good!"
Old 04-18-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
Johnnie,

When I read your first post I was bummed out - because I know how much you wanted to find a nice rifle.

Then I read this one and it made my day. Congratulations!

The Winchesters are nice to have. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures, or even better, seeing the rifle out at the Blue and Gray.

I hope that, in the excitement, you remembered ammo and clips. If not give me a call and I'll get some to you.

"Life is Good!"
Thanks for the ammo offer... I had planned to get 2-cans of ammo, but the WRA field grade was $695, so I had to put one can back. I also picked up a 25 pk of the enblocs.

I posted a couple images in the M1 Garand forum...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 04-19-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the ammo offer... I had planned to get 2-cans of ammo, but the WRA field grade was $695, so I had to put one can back. I also picked up a 25 pk of the enblocs.

I posted a couple images in the M1 Garand forum...
Can't wait to see them.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwcritch View Post
Can't wait to see them.
Here is a link to the thread in the M1 forums:

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=135579

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 04-19-2014, 08:18 AM

I can never get a wini from the cmp

SSgt
=Operation Iraqi Freedom 2010=
Old 04-19-2014, 06:06 PM

Me neither!

I had my one shot just last year when the North Store had 10 or 12 Service Grade Winchesters at $850. I should of got up and drove down there for one had I known I'd never see another one!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFcop View Post
I can never get a wini from the cmp
This was my second Winchester... The first one was sold to another Forum member... It was a total mix master with a worn SA barrel, but it looked real nice... Winchesters always did have their own appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Me neither!

I had my one shot just last year when the North Store had 10 or 12 Service Grade Winchesters at $850. I should of got up and drove down there for one had I known I'd never see another one!
This pick from the CMP ws a surprize to me... Winchesters had been gone for a while... in 2011 thay had racks of field grades and service grades... and then nothing. So when they were offered, I was not leaving without one. I wonder who got the ME=1/TE=2 rifle I put back... it had been reparked, and looked real nice to...

Old 04-19-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
This was my second Winchester... The first one was sold to another Forum member... It was a total mix master with a worn SA barrel, but it looked real nice... Winchesters always did have their own appeal.

This pick from the CMP ws a surprize to me... Winchesters had been gone for a while... in 2011 thay had racks of field grades and service grades... and then nothing. So when they were offered, I was not leaving without one. I wonder who got the ME=1/TE=2 rifle I put back... it had been reparked, and looked real nice to...
Who knows, whoever they are, they'd be happier than a squirrel that found its nuts! All I can say is that's awesome and congratulations on what you were able to get!
Old 04-23-2014, 01:13 PM

I hope something decent is out when I make it up there. I just want something I can accurately shoot and keep for a long time that's not too worn out or beat up. It sounds like anything coming out of the back is a rather exceptional circumstance and the number of field grade that were on the shelf when you got there has certainly tempered my hopes.