Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2019, 01:01 PM

Love the racks, and even more so filled up as they are. Makes for one heck of a display. I would love to know detailed dimensions of the rack. I'm looking at it and thinking a modified new made one modeled after these could be used for Mausers and such.

Love how small the footprint is per se, yet the functionality and access it affords.
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Old 10-06-2019, 01:14 PM

I will be working on the second one this week, if you guys like I can get some dimensions and pictures with measurements posted for you if anyone would like to build one.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy16 View Post
I will be working on the second one this week, if you guys like I can get some dimensions and pictures with measurements posted for you if anyone would like to build one.
That would be awesome if you could do that, I know I for one would be highly appreciative.
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Old 10-10-2019, 06:54 PM

That is a neat find. It is a good thing that you had plenty of rifles to fill it up with!

Here is a vintage photo of your rifle rack in its native environment. Photo credit to WW1Nerd.

Regards,
Charlie
Old 10-10-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy16 View Post
snip . . .

The scary part is I have one more rack that fits 20 guns that needs to be filled!

. . . snip
I was digging through the basement of a National Guard Armory years ago and discovered a rifle rack. After confirming with the Officer in Charge, I was given the rack.

At one time, I wanted to have my own museum, as I have a VERY LARGE collection of US military "stuff". Anyway, I thought the best way to display my newly acquired rifle rack would be in a barracks setting - full of Model 1903 rifles. So . . . I started buying Model 1903 rifles to fill my rack. It holds 20. I got bored at 18 and stopped.

Since then I have acquired racks to hold M-1 Carbines, M-1 Garands (with M-1911 Pistols in the bottom center), M-14 Rifles, M-16 Rifles, M-9 Pistols, and a "stand alone" rack that holds 80 M-1911 Pistols.

I stopped trying to fill racks.

Now I just have a collection of racks in my collection.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:41 PM

Hi Guys,

At Camp Perry this year, my pal & I along with about 20 others slept in the same beds shown in post#14!
We had a steel locker between each bed for our personal use & one electric outlet between every two beds!
Only $14.32 a night ! Light on at 4:30 AM on the field at 5:30 AM
What JOY!

I made a rack like that for my rifles. The one rifle I wanted to shoot was always in the back row of the safe !
Low cost Lazy Sue-en bearings are sold at Home Depot

broom