Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 04:36 PM

Talking Going to Camp Perry tomorrow!

Leaving in the morning for Camp Perry. Brother has never been to Camp Perry and has heard me talk about it and the North Store so much we have decided its time for him to go. Figured with the matches underway this would be a good time to be there. As we are not looking for anything in particular the negative stock reports for the North Store are not a problem. If we find something it will be a bonus. Of course some ammo is a no brainer for me. A trip through vendors row may produce some parts for the barreled with bolt receiver that I picked up last month while there. Looking forward to the visit!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:40 PM

Well my brother and I made the trip to Camp Perry and the North Store the first three days of August. Was not looking for anything specific but was going so my brother could experience the whole North Store - National Matches atmosphere. Went to the North Store every day. Was not in the market for a Garand though it sounds like its a good thing that we left yesterday as the selection today sounded pretty good. Brother and I each purchased one of the Daisey air rifles. There were three out Friday morning that looked to be almost unissued. I purchased two more cans of HXP. One of those ammo cans was a WW2 which was a nice bonus. Found some good deals on vendor row on some Garand parts for a six digit barreled reciever with bolt that I am putting together on a CMP walnut stock. Picked the reciever up first of July and had some parts on hand already and the stock from CMP that I picked up several years ago. Vendors row is always interesting and I always see stuff that I did not know I needed until seeing them for sale. For instance I have never had a stand or work center vise combo for working on my firearms. Noticed the Lyman revolution at one of the dealers and had to have one. Several other small accesories for Garands and firearms followed me home as well. Eating fish at Jolly Roger and chilli dogs at Netties was another bonus. Was a fun trip. Brother had a good time and of course I always do. Wanting to go back already!

Last edited by mahd776; 08-04-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:51 AM

A NS report would be great, thanks. I will be there this Wednesday. Greatly looking forward to it because it is on my kick the bucket list.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 AM

Considering they are open every day, the stock in the store is turning over fast. What's good today will be gone that day or the next.