Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2010, 12:32 PM

Default RG Quality and Saginaw delivered

BWT just delivered some presents . I ordered these a few days before the big rush. It sounds like my order for a service S'G' won't get fulfilled, but getting these babies certainly makes me feel better:

Top is the Quality, 1.92 mil with an undated Rock Ola barrel, MW= 2 and a mirror bore. LGKST marked trigger housing. M2 stock with AAM rebuild mark, and a sticker with the name Dengg Helfried.

Bottom is the Saginaw, 3.36 mil with a Saginaw barrel, MW= 2.5, also mirror bore. Inland low wood M1 stock with no cartouche, AAL rebuild mark, no Bavarian/Austrian markings but the right side of the buttstock has a different serial number on it.

My first take on them is I am really pleased! It sounded like we were at the bottom of the barrel but these have nice wood, metal, and bores. I don't know why they were considered rack grade, maybe they were feeling generous when they sorted them that day . Hopefully there's nothing bad hiding under the wood when I break them down tonight.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:20 PM

were these Bavarians?
Founding Member M1CC #162
http://www.m1collectorsclub.com
Will not do business with 1563621.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:05 PM

I would have ordered one of each rack grade if I knew they would all show up looking like that!

Congrats!

Last edited by Tired Retired; 03-05-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Two nice Carbines...........Congrats !!!
Old 03-05-2010, 08:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ItsGarand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired Retired View Post
I would have ordered one of each rack grade if I knoew they would all show up looking like that!

Congrats!

Trust me, they are not all like that. I received two just recently that were in very depressing shape. One cleaned up ok, metal is sound and an ok bore but it still needs new wood. The other one is basically shot out, has wood that looks like it got caught in a chipper, and the metal is maybe 50/50 with quite a bit of pitting. It really torques me off when I see photos like yours.

Congrats on the rifles you have - it really can be a crap shoot.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:57 AM

Thanks guys.

Mr Hanky, these were just regular RG orders, but the Quality had Austrian markings on the trigger housing (but doesn't have the Austrian finish) and the name stickered on the stock.

ItsGarand, sorry to hear yours didn't turn out so great. Like you said, its a crapshoot, and I've had a couple below average but got lucky on these. At least we can still get *something*, sounds like it won't be long before they're all out.

I did the parts breakdown and the best thing is the Quality has an early bull nose Winchester handguard . Actually shows up in the pic. Inland flat bolt, late Winchester trigger housing with the oil hole, late Rockola hammer.

The Saginaw has a blued Saginaw flat bolt, and a stamped trigger housing with the number 8 sideways. Dunno what that means. The trigger is marked either I-P B or maybe its a combined HP B. Either way, not sure on that one. I was hoping an Irwin Pedersen but probably IBM? Can't find it in the list though. Maybe HR B, I see HR on the list for IBM triggers.