Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2010, 09:58 PM

Unhappy I missed the boat on SG Bavarian

I just got the call today letting me know that the Service Grade Bavarians are sold out I snail mailed my order on 02/16. It was received at CMP on 02/19. I got my DBU on 02/26. I was hoping I made it in under the wire. I just looked and they are still showing for sale on the web page? I'm not sure why they haven't taken them off? Now the difficult task of figuring out what to get instead. I already have a order in for a SG Winchester, What do you all think would be the best way to go? I'm not big on Rackers but maybe one of the other Service grades would be nice. I think they are out of NPM's now also? WOW THEY ARE GOING FAST! Any input is appreciated, Thanks Wade
Old 03-04-2010, 10:08 PM

Default SAGINAW S'G' - Gone as well

I got a similar call today letting me know the Saginaw S'G' was no longer available either....the only SG carbines left were Standard Products and Winchester.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:25 PM

That is not what I wanted to hear since I was leaning toward changing my order to a Saginaw S'G'. When did you put you're order in? Well maybe its time to get another Garand instead?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:08 PM

I got a Service Grade SP in the last few weeks that was absolutely great. It did has an Springfield Armory M2 stock but its underwwod barrel was a .5 - you can't go wrong with that. As far as the rackers, I understand that the bavarian rackers are kinda like regular service grades since the German's took suck great care of them. And staying with a Bavarian will mean you have that potential collector value later down the road.

I just received a Winchester rack and I just a DBU on an IBM rack.... I need to find some money so I can get another one on order. I wouldn't mind getting another one of those Standard Product SG's if I could know it would be as good as the last one I got!
Old 03-05-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grg32 View Post
I got a similar call today letting me know the Saginaw S'G' was no longer available either....the only SG carbines left were Standard Products and Winchester.
uh oh, that's not good news... when did they receive your order?
Old 03-05-2010, 12:45 AM

I wonder why they are still showing on the web site??? I'll ask Melody or Leon tomorrow (actually, today)
Old 03-05-2010, 01:24 AM

"Say goodnight Irene", the carbines are going bye bye.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaugau View Post
uh oh, that's not good news... when did they receive your order?
I sent it overnight delivery the same day they were listed (believe that was on 18 February) so it arrived on 19 February. The DBU showed up about a week later...
Old 03-05-2010, 07:19 AM

I sent in an order for a SG Bavarian three days before the service grade carbines went on sale and my order went open on Wednesday in estore. No serial number assigned yet and it has not shipped.

I also ordered a S'G' when they became available and I only received the DBU.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:55 AM

Now some of you have me wondering about my order. Mailed 2/19, rec'd. 2/22 and DBU rec'd. 2/27.
Now I am reading in some of the post that the carbines are gone?? If so why are they still show as "accepting orders" ? I have hit the refresh button (have had a problem like that in the past) but it comes back with the same page showing ALL the carbines are still available. I have never gotten a phone call telling me they were out of a rifle and what else would I consider switching to. I did get an e-mail asking that question.

So, who told ya? I want to know who is telling who the game is over. I want to know what day, time of day, what you were wearing, do you have an ear ring in just one or both ears and did you really know who your Mom and Dad were????
I've still got my fingers crossed I'll get my RG S'G". Just got to have that one for the collection.
J.R.

Home of the FREE Carbine Club Newsletter Index raeed4@comcast.net
I do NOT have newsletters to sell! ONLY our INDEX of what is in each issue. To get the issues see the link for the Carbine collectors Club.
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/

USAF 379th Bomb Wing (Heavy) SAC
Gun Owners of SC
GCA