Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chev454ls View Post
Nice Winchester! How much are they asking for the SG and FG's? My wife is from the Detroit area, so next time we're visiting from MN I hope to be able to make the trip down to the North Store (she just doesn't know that yet).
the Field grade Winchesters were 695 the Service Grades were 795

I dont think they will last long. The counter guys suggested that's the "last" of the them at least for awhile

ETA: FG may have been less i was like $715 shipped
Old 06-14-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Winchester Service Grades are $795 and I believe the Field Grades are $625.
Thank you!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:57 AM

Do you remember anything about the Krags? Original wood? How the wood looked? I picked one up last summer that is great but the stock has a small crack so I would like to swap it out. How many were there? Any idea?

Thanks
Old 06-14-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkman1 View Post
Do you remember anything about the Krags? Original wood? How the wood looked? I picked one up last summer that is great but the stock has a small crack so I would like to swap it out. How many were there? Any idea?

Thanks
There were only "bad" Krag barreled receivers that i saw. they ranged from rusted shut to probably useable. The only stocks i saw other than the new ones were M14s. They seemed in decent shape.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandofM1 View Post
I have a WW service grade from 1992 DCM it is a RRAD 6-66 with LMR barrel too. Glad to see some still out there. How much was it?
oh i didn't even consider that it was a RRAD.... google seems to think that the barrel markings would be consistent with that. I can't wait for it to get here so i can crack it open and see.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:52 AM

Default North Store visit 6/13

I was able to purchase a service grade WIN13. I always enjoy the visit. Knowledgeable employees, with knowledgeable friendly patrons as well.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:41 AM

When I left around 1045 there was still a little of everything left 10-15 WRA SA and about the same number of WRA FG. There was one full rack (both sides) of SA FG. There were maybe 20 Navy BRs, didn't look close but looked rough. The Krags have no wood and vary in condition. there are some chrome 1917 BRs a few looked ok. And there were some blued 1917 BRs, I grabbed an eddystone BR that looked usable, time will tell. The twins were there and I took one final look at them, this is my third trip looking at them and I just couldn't do it. They are rough, the black one is smooth action, there are no rods in the barrel, it needs a mag floor plate and obviously a new stock. The white one is still jammed, the bolt wiggles, but wont open. Perhaps a mod to the cocking mechanism? you'd have to open her up to see. She also needs a bolt release. I couldn't see down the barrel to look for a rod, but I assume there wasn't one. I almost went with it, but it looked liked there was a crack in the stock just forward of the mag release. I tried to flex it but I couldn' tell I don't think it was a scratch in the paint job. The M1 DRs were few, two rack faces and there was a lot of plastic and a lot of welds.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:08 PM

How much were the 1917's??
Old 06-14-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkman1 View Post
How much were the 1917's??
i "think" the chrome 1917 Barreled receivers were $100
Old 06-14-2013, 02:17 PM

chrome were $100 there were a few of these, there was a decent winchester
blued were $150 there are two left, one has a rod weld and the other is well pitted.