Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2014, 10:58 PM

Default questions for South Store visit (bringing guns?)

1. It appears the South Store is off the interstate and no longer on a military post. Is this correct? I will be passing through and likely to have firearms in my trunk.

2. Sales tax on ammo for out of state residents? Was thinking about picking up some cans of loose HXP ball...

Thank you!

Last edited by OODA_Loop; 04-23-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OODA_Loop View Post
1. It appears the South Store is off the interstate and no longer on a military post. Is this correct? I will be passing through and likely to have firearms in my trunk.
1. You are correct. The Store is some distance from Anniston Army Depot or the former Fort McClellan. The address for the CMP South Store is 3016 Red Morris Parkway, Anniston, AL 36207. Get off of I-20 at Exit 188, head North on Golden Springs Rd (Target Shopping Center in the other direction), turn left onto Red Morris Parkway. The Store is on the left.

Quote:
2. Sales tax on ammo for out of state residents? Was thinking about picking up some cans of loose HXP ball...
2. The loose HXP 30-06 Ball is $118 per can. If you take it with you, there is a 10% tax. If you have it shipped to a location in Alabama, there is a 4% tax plus $11.95 shipping. If you have it shipped outside Alabama, you just pay shipping of $11.95. If you have it shipped to Ohio, you will pay (some) Ohio tax plus shipping.

Quote:
Thank you!
You're welcome!

"Life is Good!"
Old 04-24-2014, 10:20 AM

I love it when posts are answered completely in one reply!