Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2009, 06:13 PM

I would wait. There is nice stuff coming your way early next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi71ocean View Post
i wonder if it is worth waiting till January or February to pick up a Garand, or weather i should go this Thursday, any ideas?
Old 10-26-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi71ocean View Post
im leaning towards February, although i know the weather will be horrible. so do you think the selection will be well worth the wait?

i don't think i'll even chase after the Garand ammo, i'll just jump right to an adjustable gas plug and commercial 30-06, cheap Prvi stuff, if i can get a hold of it.

Which grade of M1 are you looking for? If you want a Rack or Field Grade, go now. If you want a Service or Correct Grade (hopefully), watch this forum and wait.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:18 PM

18000 rifles were returned from the Greek Air Force. 50 or so unfired since new. Many very nice postwar SA and HRA. Lost of WW2 rebuilds too. Correct grades will be returning along with some possible collector grades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
so what exactly can we expect? I'm not familiar with what happened at the GCA
Old 10-26-2009, 06:31 PM

There were a couple of nice FG rifles 2 Saturdays ago. You can probably still find a shooter if you look hard. They restock the racks every night to fill in the empty spots. It does sound like there may be some service grade rifles there February. It is always fun to go there and look at all the rifles. If you don't live too far away you might want to go twice. I have been there about 7 or 8 times this year and may go again this Saturday. I am heading that way anyways for a party.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuck50 View Post
There were a couple of nice FG rifles 2 Saturdays ago. You can probably still find a shooter if you look hard. They restock the racks every night to fill in the empty spots. It does sound like there may be some service grade rifles there February. It is always fun to go there and look at all the rifles. If you don't live too far away you might want to go twice. I have been there about 7 or 8 times this year and may go again this Saturday. I am heading that way anyways for a party.
I've been 3 times in the last 6 months. It is an 11 round trip and worth every minute. The first time I was like a bull in a china shop. Wanted to see everything, wanted to buy everything. Next time I went with a specific list and made myself "pretty much" stick to it. If you don't, the trips can get dangerous!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider View Post
Which grade of M1 are you looking for? If you want a Rack or Field Grade, go now. If you want a Service or Correct Grade (hopefully), watch this forum and wait.
i was thinking of 1 of each, but i guess a service grade would be better then a rack grade. they will primarily be plinker's, but i was going to save the SG for the CMP matches at the range.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:32 AM

The only way I'd buy a Rack Grade these days is to hand-pick one off the rack.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:10 AM

Why not go both times? They still have some decent carbines there that probably won't be there in February.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob moore View Post
18000 rifles were returned from the Greek Air Force. 50 or so unfired since new. Many very nice postwar SA and HRA. Lost of WW2 rebuilds too. Correct grades will be returning along with some possible collector grades.
That sounds nice. I think I would probably be interested in a Service grade, HRA if I can. I plan on going and handpicking a nice one. Tight stock and the least MW and TE I can find. Correct and Collector grades are out of my range, as will be the unfired ones, although how cool would that be.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Banned

I've heard that they concentrate (read that as give preferential treatment) on the S store and that the N store gets the junk the S store can't sell. Any truth in that?
Thanks
Jon