Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-26-2009, 06:13 PM
bob moore bob moore is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Blandon, PA
Posts: 4,897
Default

I would wait. There is nice stuff coming your way early next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi71ocean View Post
i wonder if it is worth waiting till January or February to pick up a Garand, or weather i should go this Thursday, any ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-26-2009, 06:16 PM
rider rider is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi71ocean View Post
im leaning towards February, although i know the weather will be horrible. so do you think the selection will be well worth the wait?

i don't think i'll even chase after the Garand ammo, i'll just jump right to an adjustable gas plug and commercial 30-06, cheap Prvi stuff, if i can get a hold of it.

Which grade of M1 are you looking for? If you want a Rack or Field Grade, go now. If you want a Service or Correct Grade (hopefully), watch this forum and wait.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-26-2009, 06:18 PM
bob moore bob moore is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Blandon, PA
Posts: 4,897
Default

18000 rifles were returned from the Greek Air Force. 50 or so unfired since new. Many very nice postwar SA and HRA. Lost of WW2 rebuilds too. Correct grades will be returning along with some possible collector grades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
so what exactly can we expect? I'm not familiar with what happened at the GCA
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-26-2009, 06:31 PM
abuck50 abuck50 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 367
Default

There were a couple of nice FG rifles 2 Saturdays ago. You can probably still find a shooter if you look hard. They restock the racks every night to fill in the empty spots. It does sound like there may be some service grade rifles there February. It is always fun to go there and look at all the rifles. If you don't live too far away you might want to go twice. I have been there about 7 or 8 times this year and may go again this Saturday. I am heading that way anyways for a party.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-27-2009, 02:48 AM
GarandGrabber GarandGrabber is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Way the Heck up North-MI
Posts: 4,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuck50 View Post
There were a couple of nice FG rifles 2 Saturdays ago. You can probably still find a shooter if you look hard. They restock the racks every night to fill in the empty spots. It does sound like there may be some service grade rifles there February. It is always fun to go there and look at all the rifles. If you don't live too far away you might want to go twice. I have been there about 7 or 8 times this year and may go again this Saturday. I am heading that way anyways for a party.
I've been 3 times in the last 6 months. It is an 11 round trip and worth every minute. The first time I was like a bull in a china shop. Wanted to see everything, wanted to buy everything. Next time I went with a specific list and made myself "pretty much" stick to it. If you don't, the trips can get dangerous!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-27-2009, 01:38 PM
pepsi71ocean pepsi71ocean is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The United Soviet Republic of South Jersey
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider View Post
Which grade of M1 are you looking for? If you want a Rack or Field Grade, go now. If you want a Service or Correct Grade (hopefully), watch this forum and wait.
i was thinking of 1 of each, but i guess a service grade would be better then a rack grade. they will primarily be plinker's, but i was going to save the SG for the CMP matches at the range.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-28-2009, 10:32 AM
rider rider is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 625
Default

The only way I'd buy a Rack Grade these days is to hand-pick one off the rack.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-28-2009, 11:10 AM
abuck50 abuck50 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 367
Default

Why not go both times? They still have some decent carbines there that probably won't be there in February.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-29-2009, 04:42 PM
loki993 loki993 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob moore View Post
18000 rifles were returned from the Greek Air Force. 50 or so unfired since new. Many very nice postwar SA and HRA. Lost of WW2 rebuilds too. Correct grades will be returning along with some possible collector grades.
That sounds nice. I think I would probably be interested in a Service grade, HRA if I can. I plan on going and handpicking a nice one. Tight stock and the least MW and TE I can find. Correct and Collector grades are out of my range, as will be the unfired ones, although how cool would that be.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-09-2009, 01:27 AM
musketjon musketjon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Commiefornia
Posts: 4,632
Default

I've heard that they concentrate (read that as give preferential treatment) on the S store and that the N store gets the junk the S store can't sell. Any truth in that?
Thanks
Jon
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.