Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2009, 02:07 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ljagdtiger
Talking N Store

Have never been south store. But to say that they send the junk to N Store. Wow. Rumors of not that is a pretty strong statement. You must realise that these rifles of up to 70 years old. Many have seen hard use. I don`t beleive the CMP would ever do that. Their Customer Service is Fantastic. I absolutely beleive they treat all customers and stores equal.
They have had some reall fantastic Rifles at N Store in past few years.

Last edited by ljagdtiger; 11-09-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:52 AM

People will believe funny things, I've been to both stores several times. I am not sure how anyone could say one is better. What's better, low serial number, more collector parts, or late production with low ME and TE, new wood, WRA or HRA?

My impression is that the South Store has a little more on display at any one time because its slightly bigger. I was at the N Store in late July and bought a SG Special weeks before anyone at the South Store mentioned them on the forum.

They have what they have and its always changing... Relax and enjoy whatever store you visit, it will be different next time you come. For me they always have and I always buy more than I can afford. Rick.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
I've heard that they concentrate (read that as give preferential treatment) on the S store and that the N store gets the junk the S store can't sell. Any truth in that?
Thanks
Jon
No. None. Nope.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:30 PM

In many ways, the North Store can have better stuff than the South Store:

1. During the National Matches there is an effort to ship a large number of rifles to the North Store to sell during the matches. I think the South Store suffers during that time.

2. I don't think the North Store gets as many visitors as the South Store at times so you can find some gems easier in the North Store.

3. If you know when a new shipment arrives at the North Store, you can make an effort to go there and usually you find a good selection. That is, there are waves at least 3 or 4 times a year where the North Store has awesome selection. I don't think you see the waves in the South Store as the inventory probably trickles out.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:22 PM

By all the reports the nicer rifles will be avalible after the new year. I would wait, but have been known to make a last minute run to the store.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I've heard that they concentrate (read that as give preferential treatment) on the S store and that the N store gets the junk the S store can't sell. Any truth in that?
Thanks
Jon
According to postings on the forum, the North Store had M1903A3s and carbine ammunition for sale long after the South Store had sold out. So should I say that the North Store gets preferential treatment?

NO! It's just a function of what sells when, in my humble, though correct, opinion. I think the CMP tries to be as equitable as possible.

"Life is Good!"
Old 11-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Banned

The reason I asked is because I have a friend who lives about 20 miles from the N store and he's gonna' pick out a SG for me IF they EVER get any more in stock. He's had my paperwork since about April or May. He goes about every other week to check on the stock and see what's available. BTW--apparently the selection during the games wasn't very good or he would've picked one for me.
Jon
Old 11-09-2009, 08:48 PM

Other than the Specials the selection was the worst that I have ever seen at the NS during the matches. The FG looked like Racks. So you can imagine how the RG's looked.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
The reason I asked is because I have a friend who lives about 20 miles from the N store and he's gonna' pick out a SG for me IF they EVER get any more in stock. He's had my paperwork since about April or May. He goes about every other week to check on the stock and see what's available. BTW--apparently the selection during the games wasn't very good or he would've picked one for me.
Jon
wait till january, or like me go in febuary, then the good stuff should show up.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:39 AM

They did have SA Service grade specials during the matches. They haven't had regular service grade rifles since February. There is usually a good field grade mixed in if you are willing to spend the effort to find it.