Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2018, 04:08 PM

Default Fraud on Paypal - please delete if inappropriate

First, this is just a warning for other members and if other moderators feel it is inappropriate, please delete. I have redacted the guys email and full address, but anyone who desires to know who this 'gentleman' is, just email or PM me.
This guy has been doing this same scam for years, any Jacksonville PD - well, I already contacted them and an officer went out and the guy said he sent me the item.
The guy has messaged me most of last night, threatening me with harassment charges - since I called the police and told him he is a liar and thief. He committed a felony, and I am not 100% what to do but raise a little cain?

First, I fully realize I should have gone with my gut and told him to jump off a cliff...

I had an upper on ebay, complete 1938 - guy I dealt with was a bit screwy, but then at the last minute he bid with a brand new ebay name. Won it, then ebay said it was suspicious activity and cancelled the sale. He contacted me and said he still wanted to buy the parts. Then kept asking about the frame, I said, no problem, need an FFL. He finally said, I will just buy the upper. I never felt really good about the sale, but he paid with two 'paypal' credit cards he bought, and paid me. I sent him the upper. A few days after receiving it, he said it was 'bent'. I said, send me pictures. Nothing. Then he claimed with Paypal that it was 'defective'. I said, fine, send it back. After about four days I checked paypal and it finally showed a tracking. Today I received the below (see pictures). I took before and after, but I should have made a video I guess, and/or opened it in front of the mail-lady.

-----
What I submitted to Paypal community - as there is nothing in resolution except to say I received the package!
Sold an item to a guy, he said it came damaged and did not want to do the insurance I put on the box.
He immediately filed a claim with paypal, then finally 'supposedly' sent the item back ($535 worth) and when it arrived, I had to sign for it, and it was road reflectors!
I can not find anything on the resolution center except to accept the items, and he is committing fraud.
---------

Buyer information
James Miller
64impalaaa194@xxxxxxxx.xxx
Transaction amount $495.00 USD and $50

Shipping address
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jacksonville, FL 32210
United States
----------
note - a search of his name comes up with 3 or 5 exact scams he has conducted.

Last edited by weimar_police; 09-23-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:21 PM

Oh man I would have to visit the address on the box
Old 09-23-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyduece View Post
Oh man I would have to visit the address on the box
LONG ways from me. If I was within a few states, I'd visit.

I told him - You STOLE a firearm (its not, technically that is the frame), but I told him, I have the serial number and you better not sell it. Technically you can fire an upper, you press in on the sear and it will go click (bang)....
Old 09-23-2018, 05:14 PM

I am not sure how much help they will be but, since he used the USPS, in part, to commit the fraud, you might contact the US Postal Inspection Service and file a complaint with them. I believe you could also file a formal complaint with the local police in the buyer's jurisdiction.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:15 PM

I had a bad PayPal experience once and a bad ebay experience once also
PayPal - Willys cj2a parts. Sold paid etc. a few months later he files a i didn’t get it through PayPal. Even with tracking proof they sided with him It was a guy in France filling a container with jeep parts and then shipping it over. With the power of the internet I found out all his info. I called him. I called his dad. I called his boss. I called everyone. At all hours of the day/night. Used a pre-paid calling card so a new number will pop up. I completely terrorized this guy until he repaid. I tracked him on every forum. Everything. Screw him for being a thief
Ebay one a guy tried to screw me out of some cart part. I emailed him directions from my house to his and used the google earth picture to ask questions about his residence. I also called him at all hours. He reimbursed me

I hate theives
Old 09-23-2018, 06:25 PM

Hmmm Jacksonville is little over 4 hours one way! Wonder if I can convince CINC Household on a little roadtrip............
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Old 09-23-2018, 06:54 PM

At least ya'll make me feel better !

I did call the local police - I sent a complaint of fraud to the USPS - I also sent an email to the 'economics department' of Jacksonville PD, the AG (father or him is military or were affiliated - since he goes by Fatboy, I doubt its him), but I plan on making a packet and sending it to the local prosecutor.
I HATE thieves too.

Edward Tinker
US Army MP
SSG (RET)
Co-Author of Police Lugers 2012
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I & Vet Bring Backs Vol II, a collection of stories on guns & equipment brought back by GI's.
Co-Author of the book Simson Lugers
Old 09-23-2018, 07:01 PM

I have an account that I keep only a little bit in a checking account, use it just for ebay type stuff. I do have a cc on the account, it would not let me delete or change anything (wanted to delete the card)....
Old 09-23-2018, 08:33 PM

Wow, just wow. This is why I have a stack of parts I have to sell that have gone unsold for years

My Feedback thread

Looking for SA M1 2417731 - its out there, the CMP sold it in 2012!
Old 09-23-2018, 09:02 PM

Looks like he is a known bad actor:
https://badbuyerlist.org/buyer/9fddd1f7c62d0d209fbb