Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2019, 10:10 AM

Default Targets for old eyes.

Guys . . if you're like me your eyes don't work as well as they used to when we were 20. With open sights it's difficult for me to see my target at 100yds. and the smaller targets like the "Scorekeeper" lime green targets that I have been using are getting to small for me to see at that distance. Yea - I know that you focus on your sights but I still like being able to at least locate my spot on the target, getting the sight picture correct.

That said I found a much larger target that fills the bill for me at least. It's 20" in diameter with a 3" white 10 ring. It's lime green and printed on heavy card stock. If your interested just call Brian at Guns & Rosa's Targets LLC (765-730-2548) and he can fix you up. It's an American company from Indiana and a great outfit to deal with. Price depends on the amount you order but I think they start at $1.25 per target for small amounts ordered.

This just FYI.

Good shooting! It's always a good day when you don't leave any blood on the range!

Brian
Old 06-26-2019, 10:33 AM

I like to use the CMP Rimfire Sporter Target. It is similar to targets used at matches but has a center white dot that helps me center the post. They are cheap if you buy them in quantity and use the replacement centers.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to rcolarco

Blurry target is OK if front sight is clear. You should be focusing on the front sight. When the target is blurred, I know I am doing it right.
ACEP-certified coach
Old 06-26-2019, 01:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to rcolarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bml View Post
I like to use the CMP Rimfire Sporter Target. It is similar to targets used at matches but has a center white dot that helps me center the post. They are cheap if you buy them in quantity and use the replacement centers.

Try shooting 6 o'clock hold. Your performance will improve.
ACEP-certified coach
Old 06-26-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcolarco View Post
Try shooting 6 o'clock hold. Your performance will improve.
Ditto: Qualified 1966 Edson Range.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:57 AM

Only targets I prefer are Police B-27 Targets, if you're going to shoot at something it might as well be a facsimile of the real thing.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:26 AM

I like the Birchwood Casey 8" Dirty Bird splattering targets. I get them in a box of 200. They will last a rain storm or two without falling apart and my old eyes see them pretty well.
RVN 67-68
Old 06-27-2019, 12:21 PM

Creedmoor Sports has many type and kind. I shoot hundred yard 3006 use the match grade target. If it wasn't so difficult to post graphics I'd paste some up.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:06 PM

Have your eyes checked for cataracts. I got so the front sight was obscured where I could hardly hold the black. I had the operation a year ago and I am shooting like I was 20 years ago.

WGH
Old 06-27-2019, 03:11 PM

I like the SR-1 centers from Champion. Cheap and easy to see. SR-42C for really big targets