Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2019, 05:08 PM

I got to the store today at 10 am and the racks were full, no empty slots, and the store was empty. Bought 2 really nice field grades, one a BA rebuild. Saw one IHC sell, it was all correct except for the stock and trigger group. The heal markings were excellent, that's important to me. I think 8 guns had sold by noon when I left. Then went to the Markmanship park to shoot. After warming up on the short ranges got all 10 in the black at 600 yards with an O3A4 clone and Weaver 330 scope. People near me had high dollar rifles and scopes and weren't doing as well, at all. Took a picture of my target, that's the best I've done at 600 yds, and called it a day. Except, I took the time to go thru all the rifles in the store. The racks were full. Found a 4.30 SA that was 100% correct except for a WRA bolt. Even had an exceptional SA/JLG small wheel stock. Best FG I've seen in a while. So far Friday the 13th has been good to me.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by renovate7 View Post
I got to the store today at 10 am and the racks were full, no empty slots, and the store was empty. Bought 2 really nice field grades, one a BA rebuild. Saw one IHC sell, it was all correct except for the stock and trigger group. The heal markings were excellent, that's important to me. I think 8 guns had sold by noon when I left. Then went to the Markmanship park to shoot. After warming up on the short ranges got all 10 in the black at 600 yards with an O3A4 clone and Weaver 330 scope. People near me had high dollar rifles and scopes and weren't doing as well, at all. Took a picture of my target, that's the best I've done at 600 yds, and called it a day. Except, I took the time to go thru all the rifles in the store. The racks were full. Found a 4.30 SA that was 100% correct except for a WRA bolt. Even had an exceptional SA/JLG small wheel stock. Best FG I've seen in a while. So far Friday the 13th has been good to me.
Nice shooting! I gotta ask, did you pick up the 4.30 FG? I got a thing for early post war SA's and that would have fit my desires.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:26 AM

Yes I did!
Old 09-14-2019, 09:30 AM

Default Saturday Opening Report

There were seven customers at opening and the racks were full. There were three really nice cartouches this morning, IHC w/SA GAW, IHC w/JLG and SA w/ EMcF.

IHC SG 7/ FG 4.

1903, 10.

SA FG 24, few with WWII barrels..

HRA FG 2.

WRA SG, 8. One WIN-13 and one WRA w/barrel w/CMP stock.

M1C SA SG, 2

SA 6 million, 1.

CMP Specials/ FG/ RG/ WRA Special, 12

Good luck on your searches.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:44 AM

Struck out on M1s this morning but I had to share this JLG cartouche that I came across... on a finger-groove 1903 stock. One of the 03s had a GAW stock and another had a C-stock with a couple of Anniston rebuild stamps. Still, the JLG has me real confused.

https://imgur.com/a/J3wIz0c
Old 09-14-2019, 11:05 AM

Default Sa gaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skretchy View Post
Struck out on M1s this morning but I had to share this JLG cartouche that I came across... on a finger-groove 1903 stock. One of the 03s had a GAW stock and another had a C-stock with a couple of Anniston rebuild stamps. Still, the JLG has me real confused.

Thursday I saw a really nice SA GAW cartouche on a 1903 like the SA JLG. I have only seen a couple of GAW’s and haven’t seen a JLG cartouche on a 1903 in the store before. Interesting!!
Old 09-14-2019, 01:59 PM

Default Saturday closing report

The report is a little early but it is Alabama football season!!!

There was a minor restock during the day of 6 1903ís and 4 SA FG/2 WRA FG.

Current inventory is:

CMP Specials/FG/RG/ 13.

WRA SG/FG, 14/ one FG #132xxxx with WRA barrel 2+/2+, op rod, bolt but rough stock, no cartouche and one WIN-13.

SA FG 20.

IHC SG/FG, 13

1903, 8.

Other rifles remain about the same.

ROLL TIDE, ROLL!!!
Old 09-14-2019, 02:34 PM

Thanks to Jeff, Bobby and all the others at the store who helped my wife pick out her 1903 this AM, she is stoked!
Old 09-14-2019, 05:48 PM

Default What a fun day

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinandKim View Post
Rob have a great time there!
I drove down with my buddy Paul and we had a great time with Bobby, Jeff, Colby and of course Tom.
Met a couple forum members, which is always cool, with one at the store all the way from Colorado. He did well from what I saw at the end of the day and certainly made the trip worth his while.
Overall the rifles were pretty neat and several had really nice cartouches. There was a WRA Service Grade that had one of the nicest GAW stocks I have seen in a while. The M1C Field Grade that is in the rack also has a pretty decent GAW. An IHC in the rack also had one. Actually I think there were more WWII marked stocks in one place than I have seen in a long time.

Took the time early in the morning and went over to the range store to check out the three rifles with Marine Condition Code Tags. Of the three only one had a matching serial number but did not have the unit information I was looking for. Still a neat thing to have a matching tag but I ended up leaving it there. Right now I am hoping to run across the perfect combination of a Field Grade rifle that looks more like a Service Grade and has a tag that has the matching serial number, date and unit information. Maybe if I keep at it I will get lucky, again.
Also saw a 4.66 HRA Field Grade. Never thought I would leave one of those in the rack but the metal finish was so thin I elected not to purchase.
In looking thru the 1903s I found a Mark 1 with an original barrel and wearing Mark 1 wood. Nice rifle with lots of curb appeal. Shame I already purchased a 1903 as I would have liked to add that one to my group.

I ended up not buying anything but there were plenty of temptations believe me. Starting to run low on my purchase count so got to be careful if you know what I mean. The only thing I bought all day was gas and lunch
Paul is in the same boat I am so also left without a purchase.

Like I said, I had a great time and am already looking forward to the next trip down. Who knows maybe I will find that rifle that is worth the reduction in my count this late in the year.

Rob

Colin,
The rifle you are looking for is at the range store. Maybe a couple of them
Old 09-14-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skretchy View Post

Nice Rebuild Cartouche you found there. I did not see that one.

Rob