Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2019, 07:59 PM

Hi Fellows,

After four or five trips to the south store I met & talked to PH68 - Tom to his many friends! He is so willing to help so many CMP people out! A truly NICE guy!
Sadly, I have missed him by minutes on other visits to the South store.
He was helping the"Hog Family" from Alaska select a few rifles. They were Great people to talk too! We met them at the CMP range later on & we all left with big smiles on our faces!

Tom was able to answer a few questions my pal had about a 03 & helped him to pick a correct rifle for his needs!
I was sorely tempted to buy just one more 03 myself!
I'm a Gunaholic .....but for two day visit at the South store, I did not fall off the wagon.
The Alabama Collectors show on Hoover was good & I bought a # of spares for my CMP rifles!
The armorer's on duty were also a BIG help to all of us!

broom
Old 10-05-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomhandle View Post
Hi Fellows,

After four or five trips to the south store I met & talked to PH68 - Tom to his many friends! He is so willing to help so many CMP people out! A truly NICE guy!
Sadly, I have missed him by minutes on other visits to the South store.
He was helping the"Hog Family" from Alaska select a few rifles. They were Great people to talk too! We met them at the CMP range later on & we all left with big smiles on our faces!

Tom was able to answer a few questions my pal had about a 03 & helped him to pick a correct rifle for his needs!
I was sorely tempted to buy just one more 03 myself!
I'm a Gunaholic .....but for two day visit at the South store, I did not fall off the wagon.
The Alabama Collectors show on Hoover was good & I bought a # of spares for my CMP rifles!
The armorer's on duty were also a BIG help to all of us!

broom
It was nice to finally meet you broom and I alway enjoy meeting folks that have the same interest I do in these vintage rifles. Thank you for your very kind comments. Tom
Old 10-05-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstout View Post
First time that I have ever been and not bought anything. Several first time customers that picked up rifles. Any day at the CMP is a good day. I just wish they would go back to the old store. This one is too small and the minuscule selection is disheartening.

On a positive note, the customer service is top notch, as always.
David,

Did you go by the West store? A rack of M1917s, including a mostly correct Remington (I bought it), and a 29K Winchester, not so correct, but a good rifle. A father and son bought the WRA.

All this was about 1230, after your post.

"Life is Good!"
Old 10-05-2019, 08:50 PM

There was a restock about 1200 in the South Store, not sure if that's the one Tom alluded to.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
700.00-750.00.. Fg/sg

I was stationed in Beaumont in 1969 after returning from Vietnam as a USMC Instructor-Inspector for an Infantry Reserve Unit while recovering from wounds... Great town and great times...
Beaumont is not a bad place.

I was able to make it the south store today. I’ll be back as soon as I can, probably in three months!

Last edited by Jboston19; 10-06-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
David,

Did you go by the West store? A rack of M1917s, including a mostly correct Remington (I bought it), and a 29K Winchester, not so correct, but a good rifle. A father and son bought the WRA.

All this was about 1230, after your post.

"Life is Good!"
No Sir. My wife and I stayed around Anniston/Oxford after Friday’s Store visit and went to Atlanta to a football game after Saturday’s visit.

I completely forgot about them selling rifles at the Shooting Park. 😩

Fortes Fortuna juvat

2nd Bn, 3rd Marines

Buy now worry about later, later.--Bob Moore, 12/10

My feedback thread http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ghlight=dstout 50+ positives before it was destroyed
Old 10-08-2019, 10:31 AM

Just wanted to share I posted my 1903 pictures in the 1903 section of the forum.