Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2019, 02:55 PM

Default Inland M1 value

Hello, looking to purchase in Inland M1 carbine, I don't know much about them at all. Any advice based on this information on if this appears to be a fair price for this weapon would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...943-M1-Carbine
Old 10-13-2019, 03:18 PM

It's a below average looking well-used Inland. Seller is open to offers which is a good thing. $900 shipped is not crazy high but still too high. Mags should not really be a significant factor. Consider them to be freebies thrown in as they appear to be reproduction/commercial. Stock is very pedestrian and does not do anything to make it more valuable or appealing. Metal finish wear is very apparent. Muzzle erosion doesn't look too bad but you're taking a bit of a chance as actual gauges are far more accurate. I don't see any manufacturer marking or proof "P" on the barrel

I've seen carbines in this kind of condition around on occasion for $750-$850 and have walked away, others may think $800 or less would be a decent deal. I guess that could be right, but it all depends on how badly you want it.

Good luck
Tony

Last edited by TSimonetti; 10-13-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:26 PM

I also think $900 is high. If you decide to pay $900 for it, then consider that you paid an extra $150 + premium to get one now. In my opinion, especially considering the condition of the barrel, receiver, etc., that is a $700 M1 Carbine (call it $750 with shipping). If you are patient you can get a much better example for less.

JGW
Old 10-13-2019, 04:18 PM

Pics don't fully show...
If that's a Type I Double bevel TH... with the biggest drilled 'Drain, Lube hole' I've ever seen.

$900.00 plus if needed your FFL costs for a no finish left Import.
I wouldn't do it. Much better examples show up here and even GB for similar cost. Or add a couple hundred and get something you'll be proud of. They are out there.

JMO

Good Luck
CH-P777
Old 10-13-2019, 06:22 PM

900 is too high. Keep your eye out there are much better deals to be had.