Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Hey, that's me in the blue jeans and green shirt. You did well. I just took home a barreled receiver.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-3-6 View Post
Hey, that's me in the blue jeans and green shirt. You did well. I just took home a barreled receiver.
What choices were there (i.e makes) and how many were there to review?
Old 08-11-2012, 09:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to CTM VT 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-3-6 View Post
I was the one in the Maroon Virginia Tech T-Shirt, my wife was there in the orange (bless her for putting up with what to her was a boring visit, and for giving me the final go-ahead on the purchase). I remember you looking over the same racks as I. It took me a bit to absorb it all and get down to actually looking at things, but once I got over the initial rush, it was simply searching all the inventory for WWII era barrels. There was one.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1998 View Post
What choices were there (i.e makes) and how many were there to review?
When I stopped in Thursday mid morning the only service grades I saw were the specials with new wood. There were HRA and SA's in that bunch. There were some WRA rack and field grades. There were also HRA rack and field grades. Of course there were SA barreled receivers on the wall rack, with all I saw having WW2 serial numbers. There were also a small selection of rack and field grade NM type 1 and 2 rifles. Kinda pricey... but if a guy wanted to shell out the bucks he could get a 6 million s/n'd rifle.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:11 AM

I was killing time that day waiting for Commercial Row to open up. I'm pretty satisfied with the M1's I have so I didn't really want to buy a rifle. I have a weakness for green repark and the barreled receivers were very nice. I already had matching green clip latches and rear sight. Also had an op rod, trigger assembly and wood so I only have to buy a gas cylinder, front sight and some internals. The price seems fair but if you have to buy everything else buying a nice service grade seems like a better deal. I compare everything to the great service grades that have been available the last two years. Have a great day! B-3-6