Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 03:27 PM

Default South Store Visit 8-17-2013

I just finished shopping today at the South Store and am pleased with what I got all things considering. I picked up the nicest 3 Kimbers I could find given what was left. 20 remain on the rack. All 20 have scratches up and down the side of the wood. Of the 3 I picked up, one has no scratches on the wood but a small scratch on the metal. The other two have small scratches on the wood but hardly noticeable. I have two boys who will enjoy these when they get older and one for me!

I picked up some M2 AP. They said they are getting down to the bottom on this with just 100-200 cans remaining.

There was about 20 M1D Service and 20 Field grade rifles. Maybe half that on M1C rifles. One M1D Field grade had a nice GAW large wheel stock.

40-50 drill rifles of M1 and 1903s. No Field or Service grade M1s. 20 M1 receivers, most Greek black.

Some M1 bayonets. I even saw a USGI scabbard on one with no metal tip. Very nice. A few 16 inch, no scabbards except 1917 16 inch scabbards.

Rusty carbine mags are junk. 30 M14 stocks or so that looked nice. 10 M44 stocks with metal and plastic trigger guard.

A few 7.62 barreled receivers but Gunny picked up two nice ones! By the way, nice meeting you Gunny!

Finally, thanks to Mike for some good conversation!

Last edited by drwitte; 08-17-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:37 PM

Thanks for the report. It's getting about time for me to make another bloody-eyed run. I would like to at least have a few FG's to pick from before I make the trek.

Fortes Fortuna juvat

2nd Bn, 3rd Marines

Buy now worry about later, later.--Bob Moore, 12/10

My feedback thread http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ghlight=dstout 50+ positives before it was destroyed
Old 08-17-2013, 07:40 PM

Yeah, same with me. I knew they wouldn't have any FG or SG but I was in the area so why not?
Old 08-17-2013, 08:11 PM

Thanks for the report. We have been wondering.
Registered Voter