Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2022, 09:07 AM

Default Recalled Norma 308 ammunition

For your information. I received this from Norma:

WARNING:

IMPORTANT RECALL NOTICE REGARDING
CERTAIN .308 WIN NORMA TAC 147GR FMJ AMMUNITION MANUFACTURED IN GERMANY

Norma Precision Inc. ("NORMA") is issuing a voluntary recall of a specific SKU and corresponding Lots of .308 Win Norma Tac 147gr FMJ ammunition identified below due to possible performance inconsistencies in a small percentage of the ammunition.

DANGER: STOP USING YOUR .308 WIN NORMA TAC 147gr FMJ AMMUNITION IMMEDIATELY UNTIL IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED WHETHER YOUR AMMUNITION FALLS WITHIN THE BELOW SKU AND CORRESPONDING LOTS. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTION COULD RESULT IN DAMAGE TO YOUR FIREARM AND/OR INJURY.

POTENTIALLY AFFECTED SKU/LOT NUMBERS:
SKU 2422027 LOT NOS. 59KQ, 58KQ, 61KQ, 60KQ, 42MQ, 44MQ, 45MQ, 48MQ 62MQ, 50MQ, 56MQ, 42RQ, 64RQ, 71RQ, 65TQ, 66TQ, 68TQ, 69TQ, 50UQ, 44UQ, 50KR, 58UQ, 65UQ, 70UQ, 54KR
PLACE OF MANUFACTURE: GERMANY

DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE:
Through its quality control efforts, NORMA has identified possible inconsistencies with neck tension in a small number of cartridges within the ammunition SKU and corresponding Lots identified above that may allow the projectile to become loose including during transport. Continued use of the potentially affected ammunition could impact safe firearm performance leading to property damage and/or injury.

This issue may potentially impact a small percentage of cartridges within the SKU and corresponding Lots identified in the chart above.

If you are uncertain as to whether your ammunition falls with the potentially impacted SKU and corresponding Lots listed above, or if you have any additional questions concerning this notification or need assistance with these instructions, please contact a NORMA Customer Service Representative by email: Sales@normashooting.com or phone: (912)-800-9332. For more information about this notice, you can also visit www.normashooting.com

HOW TO DETERMINE THE SKU/ARTICLE/LOT NUMBER FOR YOUR AMMUNITION

The SKU and corresponding Lot number for your ammunition is located on the packaging

WHAT TO DO IF YOUR AMMUNITION IS AFFECTED

Once you have determined, based on its SKU and corresponding Lot numbers, that your ammunition is one of the affected products, please submit a return request online at www.normashooting.com . Once we receive the returned, unfired, ammunition, we will refund your full purchase price for the returned, unfired, ammunition. This recall pertains only to the Lot numbers identified in this bulletin. Therefore, Norma will only reimburse customers for unfired product that is returned with these specific Lot numbers.
Old 09-17-2022, 11:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Got the same Email and unfortunately I have a Lot# that falls into the recall. Only 250 rounds.....
Old 09-17-2022, 01:26 PM

I've got 500 rounds of the recalled ammo. I sent them an email requesting replacement ammo instead of a refund and also asking who pays for the return shipping. We'll see what there response is.
Old 09-19-2022, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topkick View Post
I've got 500 rounds of the recalled ammo. I sent them an email requesting replacement ammo instead of a refund and also asking who pays for the return shipping. We'll see what there response is.
I've been through a couple of these in the past with other companies. In general, they don't ship replacement ammo back anymore due to the varied laws throughout the country. Easier to send you a check. Usually they send you a prepaid label you slap on the box for your return. Or, they just add the shipping reimbursement to your refund check. The refund is typically based on the full retail price of the ammo...and will factor in your local taxes, so you make out fine.

Back when they would send you replacement ammo, Remington was very generous in sending considerably more than I returned.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:34 AM

Just received this today from Norma:

Please find the recall form available on Normashooting.com. Scroll down the webpage to the bottom where you will see the information section, click Safety Warning and Recall Notices to submit your recall request. We will email you a prepaid return label. You will receive a refund and discount code once ammo is received. Unfortunately there is no replacement at this time.
Apologies for your inconvenience.

At least I know they'll pay for the return shipping
Old 10-09-2022, 09:15 AM

Update:
Norma sent me a prepaid return shipping label. Within 2 days of them receiving the ammo back, I received a full refund.
Old 10-09-2022, 03:13 PM

I would think someone could have inspected their rounds for proper neck tension instead of just shipping them back?
Old 10-09-2022, 03:16 PM

Default Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by togor View Post
I would think someone could have inspected their rounds for proper neck tension instead of just shipping them back?
Too logical to do that 😉
Old 10-09-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by togor View Post
Just for everyone's info, I checked two of the ten 50 round boxes and found 7 rounds that I could physically push the bullet into the case by hand. That's why I sent the ammo back. It wasn't worth risking damage to my firearms and myself. togor and RVN 69-70 should have asked before making assumptions.
Old 10-09-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topkick View Post
Just for everyone's info, I checked two of the ten 50 round boxes and found 7 rounds that I could physically push the bullet into the case by hand. That's why I sent the ammo back. It wasn't worth risking damage to my firearms and myself. togor and RVN 69-70 should have asked before making assumptions.
It was a question. Asked and answered.

Had some cheap Rem 9mm with the same problem. But there was no recall and the pistols didn't care one way or the other.