Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Bolt Action
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2019, 11:52 AM

Default FS: Remington 1903 rifle

I recently completed this Remington 1903 project rifle and it turned out GREAT. I bought the receiver from someone on this forum and then the New-Old-Stock barrel from someone else. The receiver had been drilled and tapped on the top rear so I screwed in short plug screws before taking it to a friend where we lightly sandblasted off the finish and reParkerized it (it turned out excellent). The barrel is a NOS RA 12-43 1903A3 barrel that someone converted for use as a 1903 barrel by installing a NOS rear sight base and replacing the front sight base with a 1903 version. The person that did it was clearly a professional because it looks great and everything lines up perfectly. The stock is a beautiful solid 1903 scant stock that I refinished myself and it has a perfectly matching handguard. I already had almost all of the milled 1903 parts to complete the project on hand after many years of collecting the best ones I could find. After installing and correctly headspacing the barrel, I assembled the rifle and recently took the rifle to the range to break it in. I shot 15 rounds through it and cleaned the bore thoroughly after every couple rounds. The accuracy was very impressive and got better after each shot. This could make an excellent competition rifle. It has been a great project but I am ready to move on to the next one. This would be a perfect rifle for someone wanting a practically new rifle without a new rifle price.

You can see the pictures of it here: https://imgur.com/a/Ywl2lEp

Price reduced to $750 plus shipping. Must be shipped to a C&R or 01 FFL. Thanks for looking

Last edited by C Dexter; 02-15-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:11 PM

Couple other notes- this was not a CMP rifle and was never a drill rifle so there are no welds on it. Also, it never had any rust or pitting on it. Lastly, it has a 4-groove barrel. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Last edited by C Dexter; 02-18-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:05 PM

This will be moving to Gunbroker on Sunday so please let me know before then. Thank you.