Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2019, 07:34 AM

Default Service Grade vs Field Grade

I am just wondering if anyone has been offered anything other than the service grade 1911's? I have always liked the field grade M1's. If you look at the description on the sales page they are identical. All I really see here is service grades which look great but don't have that been there done that look whatsoever. It isn't the $100 savings for me, rather the look. Any thoughts?
Old 02-12-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteman View Post
I am just wondering if anyone has been offered anything other than the service grade 1911's? I have always liked the field grade M1's. If you look at the description on the sales page they are identical. All I really see here is service grades which look great but don't have that been there done that look whatsoever. It isn't the $100 savings for me, rather the look. Any thoughts?
CMP 1911 is not offering FGs at this time!!!

Old 02-12-2019, 09:36 AM

When I was contacted yesterday only service grades were available
Old 02-12-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
If you want some of that "BEEN THERE DONE THAT" kinda look...

Take a gander at the SG that I received back in DECEMBER!!!

SEE: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=239236

Ain't got a lick o' proof...

BUT...

There's a purdy good chance my ol' pistole got splashed with some of that in country bad bush rice paddy mud a time or two back in the mid '60s or early '70s...after it went thru LETTERKENNY!!!

POSTSCIPT:

I'll know a bit more when (and if) I get the results of the FOIA request I submitted to the FOIA office at FORT BELVOIR!!!

Ain't gonna be holdin' my breath 'til it happens...

Last edited by DDRode; 02-12-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:57 PM

Default Minor Rust

Quote:
Not quite identical. The description on Field Grade says "may exhibit minor rust."
One could surmise that you have a better chance of getting a been there done that finish with a Field Grade but only CMP really knows.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:00 PM

AS has been posted numerous times 99% of what we are inspecting are Service Grades, the few Field & Rack Grades are being held back until we have enough to sale. When contacted DON'T ASK FOR A FIELD OR RACK if we have them we will offer them to you.