Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2018, 03:22 AM

Boring question: If the lower numbered orders shipped without the CMP branded hard case, will those cases be available for purchase separately?
Old 12-05-2018, 12:17 PM

Not at this time.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:33 AM

Default Concur

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
Boring question: If the lower numbered orders shipped without the CMP branded hard case, will those cases be available for purchase separately?
Those cases are sexy... looks like a Hardigg/Pelican/Storm type. Id personally pay a reasonable amount for one... heck Id like to buy one big enough for my rifle too.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greypilgrim76 View Post
Fair enough. I was just curious as to whether the current arrival of RNGs around the 2700 mark in people's email boxes meant that 1700 or 2700 RNGs had been communicated to their respective packet submitters. (Which is really just a self-interested question about how many 1911s are still available for this year's sales.) Certainly, though, I have no actual "need" for this info. Carry on, and thanks for all the hard work!
Grey,

I was thinking this myself... "how are people already receiving their 1911's in mail when we haven't even hit 8k lottery yet?"

Though seeing this in the order thread assures us that the letters are indeed being randomly picked:

Sent package 10/5/18
Got RNG 11/5/18 (1444)

Package Sent 10/2/18 (I was TDY, barely made the cutoff)
Lottery Number Assigned 1711 (on 11/7/18)

If people getting their packets in on the very last day have been assigned before those of us who got theirs in on the first day, that is proof enough that they are doing what they promised they'd do...

P.S. i got mine in on the first day and am very jealous of the "skin of their teeth'ers"
Old 12-06-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khenzel View Post
Grey,

I was thinking this myself... "how are people already receiving their 1911's in mail when we haven't even hit 8k lottery yet?"

Though seeing this in the order thread assures us that the letters are indeed being randomly picked:

Sent package 10/5/18
Got RNG 11/5/18 (1444)

If people getting their packets in on the very last day have been assigned before those of us who got theirs in on the first day, that is proof enough that they are doing what they promised they'd do...

P.S. i got mine in on the first day and am very jealous of the "skin of their teeth'ers"
Just my $0.02 here, but it seems like the guys and gals at the CMP are trying their best to walk the line between the congress giving them pretty specific verbiage, the Army being the Army, and a bunch of customers acting like kids at Christmas. Overall theyre doing a good job Id say but theres always a value in a hot-wash after the initial run is done to capture best practices and see where the process could be improved in the future.

But yeah, Im really REALLY glad that there was a 30 day window to submit packages for those of us that werent in position to pull the trigger day one. While a bit complicated and unwieldy, its been pretty good to me so far.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:46 PM

Not to also mention that, for those of us that remember the carbine lottery, this is running 100x more smoothly. It's weird to see people showing pics of their 1911's when the lotto hasn't even reached 3k yet, however it's nice to see the CMP is speeding the process along. Instead of waiting 3(?) months after close of orders to see customers finally getting some carbines, we are seeing orders go out WHILE they are going through all those orders.

Good job to the CMP for handling the orders as they are processed, versus accruing a huge backlog and delaying everyone's orders until that final 19k order has been keyed in to the system and randomized!

...i mean think of it... if it takes them 2+ months to key in 8k orders, how long do 'yall think we would have to wait for the first batch of orders to process if they had to first key in all 19k orders, randomize them, pick winners, THEN ship? We are talking February/March!!

I'm perfectly happy with how CMP is doing this. Even if i don't hit the first batch, i'm happy for the lucky winners getting their pistols before Christmas!!
Old 12-06-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khenzel View Post
Grey,

Sent package 10/5/18
Got RNG 11/5/18 (1444)

Just FYI the CMPer you quoted

"Sent package 10/5/18
Got RNG 11/5/18 (1444)"

Has corrected his post. He sent it in on 9/5. I think that there might have been some trouble had he sent it on the 10/5.

Spending way too much time here plotting RGN's, dates of notification, dates of receipt....

LHS
Old 12-11-2018, 12:06 AM

I have what I hope is a legitimate question: Can I add a phone number?

My daytime number is the office number of my employer. No one is there nights, noons, or weekends. We did have an answering service, but lost it when we switched carriers.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:06 AM

No sir, unless you have received your RGN we have would have to go through 19,000 packets trying to locate yours, we do not have the staff or time to do so. When you receive your RNG shoot us an email and we will try but no promises.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:00 PM

the software is likely not set up to do that (or capable). Years ago, some software did that, but its been a long while and the 4 or 5 other forums I am on, edits do not bring it to the top, only a new posting, i.e. btt (bring to top) or add new info on the same thread.