Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2018, 06:43 PM

Default North Store 9/14

I stopped by as I was working close

IHC FG 2 racks most with LMR barrels, almost all had Hackberry stocks but there were a couple with USGI wood

IHC SG 1 rack. Almost all with LMR barrels but there was 1 that had an SA that was a 53 or 54 (canít remember) that would have been correct for that year. There were a half dozen or so with USGI wood. There was an excellent selection of IHCís.

Specials in 308 there were at least 3 racks.

Some drill rifles and the Cís and Dís

12 or so Daisy 853ís. Less 1 as I has to walk out with another.

2 boxes of very rough contion leather slings. No Webs.

New in a package not a box M7 bayonet and M8AI scabbard. They had a few M5A1ís but they were in pretty bad shape.

Sweat shirts and Tís National Match 2018 marked down.

All in all a very nice selection of rifles especially if you wanted an IHC or special.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:45 PM

Nice report...👍
Old 09-15-2018, 10:05 AM

The specials in .308 those are special fields correct? Has anybody looked these over that can comment to how much pitting these really have. I am interested in a pair of them, but it is a 2 hour drive one way.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by migunshooter View Post
The specials in .308 those are special fields correct? Has anybody looked these over that can comment to how much pitting these really have. I am interested in a pair of them, but it is a 2 hour drive one way.
From this store report it sound like they have 50+ Specials available. With that many I'm sure you will find two that will fit your expectations.
The recent reports on these are showing very little if any pitting.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:29 AM

I recently got 2 of the fg specials, 2.6m and 2.8m serials, can't tell the difference in condition from my sg I received back in March. Both have "NM" marked op rods, IHC bolts

Bill
Old 09-15-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Definitely worth the drive. They are VERY nice. I had a 5 digit (I recall 95xxx )in my hands that almost came home with me but holding on to my funds in hope for a 1911.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:44 PM

this is what I had hoped to hear. I will have to make the trip out there again. thanks for the replies everybody!
Old 09-15-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I didnít spend a lot of time going over the specials as I donít have a lot of interest in them but as Shomway pointed out there are a lot to choose from. There are more of these available than any other time Iíve been to the NS and they looked to be in very good shape. The ones I did look at I saw no pitting. Good luck !!
Old 09-15-2018, 07:12 PM

The .308 FG Specials were really nice and well worth the money. There was one 6.0m serial numbered special along with 5.9, 5.8, 4.3, and 4.2 receivers. And of course WWII serial numbers. There is a little pitting, hardly enough to notice. Well put together rifles from the appearance.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:52 PM

thank you for the report...now i have moved to painesville OH i am now only 1.5 hrs away...may go more often now