Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > 3-Position Air Rifle
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
already sent my and my daughter's entry forms...
Old 01-17-2015, 10:18 PM

right now, of the 19 categories, 3P open and 60 standing are the two most entered categories. I have said for many years that it is a shame there is nothing for adults in the way of 3P air, after high school. Didn't expect such a flood of interest so quickly thought. Makes me happy!
Old 01-25-2015, 09:07 PM

It's good they are expanding the categories. An adult sporter class for each is needed.

Has someone made the required changes to the entry form for the second quarter?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:00 PM

yes, i'm not sure if they changed the order form in the order form link, but if you click on the program link, the entry form is on there as well. Changes are in red. Changes are effective immediately.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:32 PM

I just received my targets in the mail today can I send them a note clarifying sporter?

I see the change in the program doc link. They added 3x20 sporter open but NOT standing sporter open. It only makes sense to add that so those of us with legal 853's aren't competing against 10 lb plus FWBs and Annies. Standing is where we would have the biggest gap in scoring.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:14 PM

I didn't clarify "immediately". It means we will begin accepting entries for sporter 3p open but only for 2nd quarter on. As with any match, once it starts, the match program it started with is what goes.

I have stated before that everyone will be rolled up into the same open 3p category regardless of gun being used for this quarter. We honestly did not expect there to be much of an interest in the open category. Starting with 2nd quarter entries, we will separate the two and we will also rename them adult vs open.

We are using this first quarter to gauge interest, but it is a possibility that we will add a sporter standing category as well. Bear with us, this is a first for a match of this scale.

Thank you "hi-revr" for your feedback. Please keep it coming.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:58 PM

Thanks, and I'm happy to say I got my neighbor to send in his entry form today. I have a few other people I plan on recruiting. Let's face it any new program needs to find it's own way. I think the CMP is on the right track with this one. I hope for everyone's sake the CMP receives constructive feedback from participants.

I shot air for the first time at Perry in 2014. That facility is so first class it boggles the mind. I made the suggestion they rethink how they advertise the national match air gun events(during rifle week). It was very under utilized in my opinion. There could be a hundred reasons but I believe one is the limited hours they were open.

The standing sporter adult class makes sense for a few reasons. 1) 853's in the stores and many service rifle shooters use this as an alternative to dry fire practice. 2) Standing practice is where most of us concentrate. 3) Putting us in a category with the heavy high end rifles gives little chance of winning anything. This might be reason enough for some to say "why bother". Personally I am competing with myself(and my neighbor) but one way to judge progress is being compared to others in the same class.

I haven't been in either store since July so maybe some of this is being done.......... Why not print a copy of the postal match with entry form and send it with each 853? I would also post it in the store on the 853 rack.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:17 AM

Great Idea! I will work on that, though it may not happen right away as the 853s are mailed out from CMP North.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:46 PM

Mike,

Any word on the number of postal matches sent out or scores received to date?

My neighbor and I finished the 3P last week and standing this week. It was a good excuse for two busy people to get together. We made the effort to do everything by the rules, our scores will prove that. I think it's safe to say I don't need to make space on the wall for another plaque. Even with adding weight standing with an 853 was very humbling.

It's nice being able to grab my rifle, sweatshirt, hat, and targets, walk across the street and be shooting. No big parade of rifles and gear loading the truck and driving. I think I have him sold on doing this every quarter. I hope this program exceeds your expectations.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:53 PM

So there were a total of 391 competitors as of today but there is still time for electronic entries. That far exceeded my expectations for the 1st quarter. We had some shipping problems and a few people didn't receive their targets. Im afraid that will probably happen every quarter.

We have added 3p Sporter adult and 60 shot standing Sporter that starts in 2nd quarter. We also began sending out flyers with the 853s as they are purchased. Also, entries will be done online through CT for 2nd quarter as well in the hopes to stream line things a bit. We will be adding a better checkout process once we get our order processing system sync'd with Competition tracker

We are also planning on ordering more chips at the start. We had to hold off on mailing some of the targets because we had to keep reordering. We blew through each order fast!

I appreciate all of your support and feedback and ask that you continue to provide it so we can try to make it as enjoyable as possible.