Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > 3-Position Air Rifle
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2015, 05:54 PM

Oh and scores are up and current with what we have received. Still lots of outstanding target due in.

Just go to competition tracker at ct.thecmp.org and search aces 1st qtr
Old 03-11-2015, 07:28 PM

Mike...

i had sent in my registration for 1st quarter for my daughter and i THOUGH i was signing her up for the juniors 3-P AND 60 shot Offhand...

you sent a letter back crediting me the $8 for the next quarter with the comment that juniors couldnt shoot in the 60 shot Offhand OPEN...

i might very well have marked the wrong "category"...

when i send in my daughter's 2nd quarter ill include a note that you were crediting the $8 but she also wants to shoot the 60 shot Offhand. i believe there is a Junior Category for that match because 2 of my other juniors got targets for that match...

you can PM me if ive completely confused you lol!
Old 03-11-2015, 08:19 PM

Sir,

I am terribly sorry for the mix up. The only reason I would have kicked something back was if a junior was entering the adult 3p open category, if an adult was entering a junior category, or if an adult was entering a PPP category (also meant for juniors).

The online registration SHOULD clear up some of the confusion for all competitors.

Unrelated to you, I struggled on SEVERAL entries to read handwriting and it was even worse if the competitor did not have a CMP # because then I really had to decipher everything that was written.

Online registration might be difficult for those wanting to pay by cash or check, but i imagine if someone wants to enter bad enough, they'll find a way to enter.

In your case, all you would do is email me what entry she wants free and then you pay for the rest. So if she is entering both again, you would select "1 paper target set" and pay for the 3x20. Then i'll manually enter her into the 60 shot match. (you'll see once registration opens)

I have zero doubts 2nd quarter will be just as confusing as the first for some and we are all learning as we go. But i feel like we are gaining a solid foothold with this match and will soon be standing tall and steady for a long time to come.

Thank you sir for your feedback and I will make it right for your daughter.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPMikeD View Post
Sir,

I am terribly sorry for the mix up. The only reason I would have kicked something back was if a junior was entering the adult 3p open category, if an adult was entering a junior category, or if an adult was entering a PPP category (also meant for juniors).

Mike!

no apology needed!

at one point i was considering shooting the 60 open myself but then decided against doing so. what probably happened is it was still in the gray matter cache and i subconsciously checked it anyway...

ill shoot you an email when i register the daughter for 2nd quarter so we can get her in the 3-P and 60 offhand...

thanks!
Old 03-13-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
gray matter cache
I'll borrow that phrase!

Looking forward to Q2... I like the idea of online registration!
Old 03-13-2015, 03:55 PM

still a lot of scores enroute?

i looked on the Comp Tracker and theres only 19 scores posted for the 3x20 Junior Precision and HALF OF THAT NUMBER for the 60 Offhand for the same category?

wow. our scores were sent in beginning of this week, id figure theyd be there by now...

guess ill just keep looking!
Old 03-13-2015, 05:41 PM

Yes, I am asking myself the same. I have all targets received open and sorted by event but had to set up for the Garand Springfield Master Instructor course today so I didn't get to score very many. That and I am teaching one of our new guys in the dept how to score and upload to CT.

Adult sporter 3p and 60 standing sporter is now officially open. Registration for 2nd qtr is open online.

You may see some issues with 1st quarter scoring but it's getting worked out. CMP has never done a match of this size in CT so I am having to do quite a bit of extra work to keep categories separate and so people can enter as many categories as they are eligible for. As I am working through issues I am reporting to our guru's in the hopes of making things easier for everyone.

One big issue I know coaches don't like is they can't register their shooters on CT as a coach. The shooters have to do it themselves or allow the coach access to their account. But, it's much easier and we don't have to worry about "lost faxes" like we ran into 1st qtr.

You can still mail in payment though... I know that should help with coaches requiring checks cut from the school.

The [email protected] email forwards to me so if you guys have any questions, shoot me an email. But it might be better to post on here so everyone can see my lengthy and mostly useless responses
Old 03-13-2015, 05:43 PM

What do you guys think of an aces postal sub forum much like my "competitors corner" sub forum?
Old 03-13-2015, 06:43 PM

Sub forum might be a good idea. I would put a sticky as the first thread with link to comp tracker results for the match, sign up page, any other important info.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:48 PM

and that's why i keep you around! you should come help sort and score targets!