Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > 3-Position Air Rifle
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconinforce View Post
Ordered one but not sure if they sell to individual or if I need to go through a club. Some required club orders but this one did not appear to have that requirement. We shall see. Great for teaching my daughter.
Your order will go through. No club needed for these. Now you will have to order more.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 05-11-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel4k View Post
If you're interested in any more pellet data, I posted my 853 testing in this thread. Hope this helps at least some,
Thank you, lots of good info in that thread. I sent her a sleeve of the Merlin Match, but I will try out some other pellets too. As a side note I never really considered owning one of the 853 air rifles myself but now I see it as a good practice tool that I can practice with anytime in my basement. I will be picking one up for myself soon.

Steve

22 December 1944 Bastogne

http://www.army.mil/article/92856

Last edited by Goldiver; 05-11-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:58 PM

Sign up for the Aces postal match. Starting with the second quarter there are more classes, including an adult sporter. I believe the deadline for 2nd qtr mail in targets is this Friday.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:46 PM
Banned

Mine should ship any day. What kind of difference will I see between Walmart pellets and the stuff cmp sells? My usage will be... Just plinking and practice for highpower matches.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:28 PM

A few considerations.......When shooting paper targets you want to shoot wadcutters. These have a dead flat face enabling them to cut a clean hole in the target. The truth about pellet accuracy is your mileage will vary. Both my 853's shoot the same hole over and over with CMP or Meisterkugln pellets. Pellets generally cost $5-$10 per 500. There are some over ten bucks. Unless you shoot an incredible number of shots per day cost really isn't a issue. After all we are talking about one to two cents per shot.

I spent some time reading about pellets and found those two were as accurate as anything(in an 853) in the vast majority of threads here and on the air gun forum.