Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Banned

Unhappy 1911 Sales Feedback

I have been a supporter of the CMP for quite some time. I have followed along with the organization, have done my volunteer time with them, and spent oodles of money on the offerings. Despite some hiccups at times, one could count on the CMP to "make things right". They were a good-natured group and were respectful at the worst of times.

When the news of the 1911 sales came to be, I expected no less than what the organization has done with any of their other sales. I understand that jumping through several more government hoops would be a challenge, but one I had faith the CMP could handle with their typical patience.

HOWEVER, right out of the gate it seemed the one chosen to communicate with customers on the forum was ill suited to the task, and in no time acted like he was overburdened and repeatedly tossed toxicity toward those asking questions. Complete absence of tact. Put in a position to be the mouth of the 1911 sales, the tone was of being bothered with the task of answering questions. When questions were actually answered, they are often delivered with spite and in a couple cases contradicted what the website showed or decisions made by higher ups. On one hand being loathe to actually answer questions clearly, on the other hand acting miffed that lacking actionable intel people would speculate and make educated guesses when having discussions.

In regard to the sales process itself it truly appears that it is being made up as the process goes on. 13 days into the acceptance of packets, it was suddenly announced on the forum that it was decided that multiple order packets in the same packaging would disqualify both packets. I can only imagine how this would crush those who went through all of the effort and were willing to spend a not small amount of money, only to have the policy changed to disqualify them outright.

As far as being contacted with one's drawing number (as it states on the website), a clear answer as to if that would be happening prior to being notified to choose a pistol grade was simply answered:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Our plan is to notify everyone.
As much a non-answer as cmp1911admin could come up with. This is just one example of a very clear question that could have been answered clearly, but it was not.

The issue suddenly after years of orders sent without page 4A for rifles, as 4A was simply (and written in the small print) a customer courtesy for gathering needed documents. Nowhere in the small print numbered "instruction" was it stated that 4A needed to be sent in (with a nod to the top of 4A that said to include it, which mirrors the rifle page). The answer to questions about why it would suddenly be a requirement and something if left out would disqualify orders was met with "The CMP and CMP1911 are not the same thing" and "you had 90 days to do it right". That DQ status was walked back, to the relief of many.

In any event, the overall tone of the 1911 sales has been in a word "toxic" on both sides of the process. It is clear people are walking on eggshells in the 1911 subfoum, afraid to rile up the trolls or to anger the one employee there to be the one communicating for CMP1911. Those who are quick to point out that the CMP is not the same as CMP1911 should keep in mind that the latter are spending all the good will that the former have earned over the decades.

There it is. Just one guy's observations and feedback.
My confidence in the organization has been shaken.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:16 AM
Banned

I wondered how long before the floodgates of whining opened.

If you dont like the process, feel free to log out and go get one somewhere else. It couldnt have been dumbed down much more. If the lowest common denominator cant follow simple instructions, maybe you shouldnt be handling pistols
Old 10-05-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Claws View Post
In regard to the sales process itself it truly appears that it is being made up as the process goes on. 13 days into the acceptance of packets, it was suddenly announced on the forum that it was decided that multiple order packets in the same packaging would disqualify both packets. I can only imagine how this would crush those who went through all of the effort and were willing to spend a not small amount of money, only to have the policy changed to disqualify them outright.
The key with this issue is the definition of the word "packet". I have sympathy on this issue because I likely would have incorrectly interpreted the meaning of packet to be the documents for an order themselves, but the definition of packet is the container (ie envelope in this case) and the first page of the order form says one packet per customer. Luckily this doesn't affect me because I only sent in one order.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Claws View Post

In regard to the sales process itself it truly appears that it is being made up as the process goes on.
Its a new process. Not every question, problem, or situation can be anticipated in advance, so it doesn't surprise me that they are having to refine it as they go along. I don't agree with everything they are doing or how they are address some of the issues, but in the end my life will not end if I fail to get one. I did my best to qualify, but if I didn't at least my wife will be happier.

I hope I jumped through all the right hoops, I hope I get a low lottery number, I hope I get a real nice piece of history. Only time will tell.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:56 AM

The rules were loud and clear well before 9.04
Old 10-05-2018, 11:59 AM

Every time I had an issue I emailed cmp1911 directly. The forum is not the main go to source of information. They have said before about closing it down.. it's an extra headache for them that adds no value to the corporation. Just as easy as they let us use this forum they can shut it down.. I am sure that the added extra work load the 1911 have given them. I wish after this is all said a done with they can go down the gulf and relax.. People sweating over the small stuff. I may have to decline getting 1 now because I just spent this week in the hospital cause my wife has fluid around heart from her pregnancy(this is post partum I dont remember the Latin words). Just saying what's on my mind sitting here as she sleeps from her heart catheter. Luckily no blockage

Last edited by JustinandKim; 10-05-2018 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Clarify that she already delivered our son.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinandKim View Post
Every time I had an issue I emailed cmp1911 directly. The forum is not the main go to source of information. They have said before about closing it down.. it's an extra headache for them that adds no value to the corporation. Just as easy as they let us use this forum they can shut it down.. I am sure that the added extra work load the 1911 have given them. I wish after this is all said a done with they can go down the gulf and relax.. People sweating over the small stuff. I may have to decline getting 1 now because I just spent this week in the hospital cause my wife has fluid around heart from her pregnancy. Just saying what's on my mind sitting here as she sleeps from her heart catheter. Luckily no blockage
Wishing you and your wife the best for a speedy recovery!
Old 10-05-2018, 12:06 PM

Whoa, hold the show. Let me get to WalMart for a popcorn resupply....

I'm with Taco. Hope your wife gets better SOON Justin....
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Old 10-05-2018, 12:32 PM

I'll split that order of popcorn with you Gunny!
Old 10-05-2018, 12:34 PM

No where on page 4A does it say you need to include 4A in the packet and I mailed off on the 5th. I will be pretty miffed if I'm disqualified.
Closed Thread