Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2018, 05:21 PM

Wow, nice deal on the M1D combos. Seems like there would be a limit of one on such limited items.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:31 PM

Default M1d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army MSG View Post
Wow, nice deal on the M1D combos. Seems like there would be a limit of one on such limited items.
I believe SMAG was referring to 1903 Drill rifles, I know his group purchased several. There was a limit of one per person on M1D’s and dont believe anyone purchased more than one. But there were small groups of customers that each had one in the group...
Old 01-06-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
Were you the other guy from Tennessee that purchased that Winchester M1D?
I see you are from Clarksville. I will be in Clarksville working at the Trane Plant on Tuesday

Rob
Yep, us Ranger's and Group guys came down fer a peek. Good to see all is well at South store.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
I believe SMAG was referring to 1903 Drill rifles, I know his group purchased several. There was a limit of one per person on M1Dís and dont believe anyone purchased more than one. But there were small groups of customers that each had one in the group...
Ah gotcha. Thx. Makes more sense. One photo with 3 owners. Great haul for the group for sure.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:55 PM

Default Good trip south today

Had a great time at the store today.
My brother and I both picked up IHC FGs with 2 & 2 readings and lots of IHC parts.
Slings were really nice.
Got to spend some time visiting with the staff (Chad was behind the counter) and really enjoyed my time there. Everyone was great.
Got some help from Joe on identifying IHC gas cylinders and the schooling was appreciated. Always time to learn more. I left my M1 Garand Encyclopedia at home sick (his name is Paul), so really did need the help.
Matt Zullo was there and always good to meet an old friend. You don't get to see these guys often enough in my opinion.

A couple newer customers were really nice guys. Always good to see them get something nice.

Not really into the chrome rifles, but one I looked at (SA 1.0 mil) was mostly correct including the EMcF stock with scooped clip latch cutout. It makes me think they started out with a mostly correct rifle to apply the chrome to. Nice

Anyway, I plan to go back in a few weeks and hope to find another new acquisition for my collection.

see ya,
Rob
Old 01-07-2018, 09:20 AM

I am back home from a great trip to the South Store. Previous posters have given great summaries so I don’t have too much to add. I will say that I am surprised more IHC Field Grades weren’t purchased; they seemed to have a lot of correct metal, but I did not see a single IHC stock on any of them. I picked up a IHC Field Grade that is correct except for the stock, gas plug, and trigger group. The ME and TE were the best of the bunch that day, a 1+ and 2 respectively. I had no intention of buying a Chromed M1, but I found one that I just had to have…3.4M SA with an original 1/45 barrel, lockbar sights with an ME=1 and TE=4…I still can’t believe I bought it, but am glad I did.

I just want to echo what others have said about fellow customers and CMP staff – great people. Mike, Chad, Bridgett, and Dauphine (or was that Dixie – inside joke) behind the counter were extremely helpful to me and other customers. They are humble given their extensive knowledge and are clear and firm when customers stray out of the protocall lines. They show infinite patients answering the same questions over and over when fielding phone calls. And fellow customers are a classy lot; my top example from this trip is that I saw Rob 30-06 find a really nice Field Grade Winchester M1D that he put his name on, but was quick to hand it to another customer when they were looking for one.

Finally, the sling bin was replenished on Saturday. I picked up a few nice ones. Notably, I picked up 4 that have “MRT” and a 1960’s date stamped on the metal end tab rather than ink on the webbing itself.