Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newscotlander View Post
Apparently, no one ever found a hand stamped Inland in the serial number range 6219689-6449868. I have yet to see a photo.
Apparently you dont read the earlier responses, NewScot. I am in Afghanistan and wont be home until July. I will send you pics then...

Once again from Missouri...
Old 01-12-2018, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrogpilot View Post
Apparently you dont read the earlier responses, NewScot. I am in Afghanistan and wont be home until July. I will send you pics then...

Once again from Missouri...
googling "handstamped M1 Carbine" I found this thread. Did you ever find your picture?
Old 01-13-2018, 12:48 PM

Very old thread, but still interesting. Didn't the 'hand stamp' serial number issue ever get resolved? Now I wonder if anyone has an Inland barreled receiver or just the receiver for trade or sale in the 6.6 - 6.9 million serial range. It might be fun to build one.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:23 PM

I had forgot about this. Thank-You for bringing back to life.
What few carbines I have are mostly in boxes, and we have moved and I have not seen the two 6.37 and 6.38 I had listed as hand stamp. And if I had, I forgot to look for Chris. Sorry.
They could be hand stamp or where the roll stamp pressed harder. I made a note to look at them next time they see the light of day.
But off hand, I would say I had them miss labeled as hand stamp on my "Secret List". Looking back you sure would think I could have checked them out in five years.
Well you all know what happens to boxes in the attic.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southfork View Post
Very old thread, but still interesting. Didn't the 'hand stamp' serial number issue ever get resolved? Now I wonder if anyone has an Inland barreled receiver or just the receiver for trade or sale in the 6.6 - 6.9 million serial range. It might be fun to build one.
I only recently got this virtually worthless Blue Sky hand stamped 6,8 million...
Old 01-13-2018, 05:24 PM

by the way, this beauty is up for sale....not mine, but I wish it could be. The State I live in has proclaimed folding stocks evil.
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....11#post1673511