Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2016, 06:34 PM

Default Anyone here have a CZ 452 or 455 .22 rifle?

I have been looking into getting one of the cz .22's but at times come across info that is not all that positive on them. The 452 gets mostly very good reports, the newer 455 not so much.

My next idea was to look for a Remington 541 in a "T" or "S" model, think I like the "T" better.

Anyone have any of these comments appreciated, or if you don't have one, comments appreciated!
sparx
Old 02-08-2016, 07:01 PM

I have a 452 varmint. Shoots great, we used to shoot a .22 or benchrest style match at 100 yds. I shot against kimbers, anschutz, etc... And I not only held my own but won my fair share. Great accurate little rifles.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:11 PM

At times my 455 has outshot my 452; at times the other way around. Both are quite capable of 1/2" 5-shot groups @ 50 yds with target-grade (& sometimes sporter-grade) ammo. I honestly would be hard pressed to choose between them, it really is a toss-up.

My 452:
CCI Quiets (& other LV) in a suppressed CZ 452, correlating accuracy to Lot# & MV STD

My 455:
Another CZ 455 that shoots lights-out. Pic of initial target is attached.
Test series of various HV .22LR through my CZ 455

Much has been made about various manufacturing shortcuts resulting in the updated 455 model; less is said about the newer CNC tooling being able to provide tighter manufacturing tolerances associated with the more modern design of the 455.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:21 PM

I have a 452 American and I would never never never get rid of it. It is a tack driver. I shoot it occasionally in a local metal plate match. A fellow I shoot with has a 455. He's done a bunch of fiddling with it, and last I saw, he was still fiddling with it. I've heard good and bad with the accuracy on these.

I know a guy with a 541 T Remington, and it will hang with (or beat) anything from an accuracy standpoint. The magazines are a problem, though. I would love to get my hands on one of those!

I don't know anything about them, but one fellow brought out a Browning T-bolt one day and his kid just about cleaned the course with it.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Saluki

I have a 455 Varmint. Ton of fun to shoot! I also have the .17 HMR barrel for it. A few things I have noticed. The trigger is pretty good...but rumor out of CZ USA is that there is a new trigger about to drop for it. Also, they are now making aftermarket barrels for the 455...for instance Lilja. Supposedly they are the cats azz.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:42 PM

I didn't see mention of your intended use for the rifle. Here is another data point for you.

I have a pair of 452's; a junior sized 452 scout and a LH 452 American. Both are exceptional rifles and what I consider high value purchases. I have found both to be very accurate especially using target ammo.

I've been at the range numerous times shooting adjacent to other 452 and 455 owners. They are usually shooting .22 but occasionally 17HMR and they couldn't say enough good things about their rifles

Ive never talked to anybody personally with a bad thing to say about their cz452 or 455 rifles. Hope that helps.

FWIW, I would buy them again.

Utah1847
Old 02-08-2016, 11:06 PM

Here is a thread with cz 452 issues.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=616601

I want to use the rifle for inform target shooting at 50' yards mostly.
sparx
Old 02-09-2016, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparx View Post
Here is a thread with cz 452 issues.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=616601

I want to use the rifle for inform target shooting at 50' yards mostly.
sparx
Hey sparx,

I believe the CZ would excel at 50yd informal target shooting. I think if you look at some of the other posts on this thread you will see a number of CZ owners that agree.

As for buckweets' situation, I don't know where to start other than to say, YES, CZ's safety is reversed of other rifle manufactures you might have used. If that is a deal killer to you, walk away. I think if you spent more time on rimfirecentrals CZ/BRNO page, you will see a much better representation of those that LOVE the CZ's and have several.

YOU should talk to the guys at the range(s) you frequent and see what they think of their CZ's. I see them (owners of CZ's shooting their CZ's) at my local outdoor range all the time. I have yet to meet an owner that didn't LOVE his CZ. Your mileage may vary.

I have CZ's and I will buy more CZ's. Good luck making your choice.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:11 AM

I had a CZ 452 TRAINER and it shot great and never gave me an ounce of trouble. I used it as my rimfire Sporter match rifle and it was plenty enough accurate for the distances we shot at. I started in RFS with my Remington 513T but the long barrel, stock and the fact that aperture sights we're considered to be optics caused me to look for something more modern. It didn't take long for me to decide on what rifle I should get. All I had to do was look down the firing line and see every bolt gun shooter was using a CZ.

For the price they are a fine rifle that is very accurate, sleek and affordable. The only gripe that I had was the trigger was not as crisp as my other RF's but that was easily fixed with a new trigger spring from ACE hardware.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:22 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Saluki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
I had a CZ 452 TRAINER and it shot great and never gave me an ounce of trouble. I used it as my rimfire Sporter match rifle and it was plenty enough accurate for the distances we shot at. I started in RFS with my Remington 513T but the long barrel, stock and the fact that aperture sights we're considered to be optics caused me to look for something more modern. It didn't take long for me to decide on what rifle I should get. All I had to do was look down the firing line and see every bolt gun shooter was using a CZ.

For the price they are a fine rifle that is very accurate, sleek and affordable. The only gripe that I had was the trigger was not as crisp as my other RF's but that was easily fixed with a new trigger spring from ACE hardware.
Which spring did you get?