Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2016, 06:04 PM

Best bang for your buck! They are well built, even the newer 455. If you go to rimfirecentral, you will get a lot more info than here. It is as close to a poor man's Anschutz as you can find.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:49 PM

I bought a Sako Quad for silhouette. I've got other Sako for hunting and love the company. The guy on the rimfire central thread you posted reminded me of my Quad experience. Horribly rough bolt, crappy trigger, poor stock alignment. Nothing like the quality I've come to expect from Sako. I sent it back but it didn't improve much. Beretta bought Sako and the quality difference now is noticeable. I wish, after all this, that I would have bought the CZ 452 instead.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:08 PM

I met a new club member last week with a new 455 varmint. The quality of that rifle was remarkable and reminiscent of a time when American gun makers all had high quality .22 sporters in their line up. You just can't get that kind of quality anymore for that price. I want one myself.
Distinguished Rifleman #2198
NRA HP XTC High Master (service rifle)
NRA Patron Life member
PCGC Junior Team coach
CMP GSM Master Inst.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Saluki

I just switched out the trigger spring for the Fastenal 162A spring. All I can say is "wow"...what a difference. Trigger is probably right around 1-1.5 lbs.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:18 PM

I ordered a 452, should have it Monday.
Sparx
Old 03-22-2016, 08:39 PM

Hello, 452 Ultra Luxe owner here.

OK, sparx, how do you like your 452?

(and if anyone knows if/when CZ will sell the Williams target sights again, please share)
Old 03-24-2016, 08:13 PM

Just picked it up today, seems very nice. Not thrilled with the stock finish and the stock is not anything special, but the performance is what matters.

These new style finishes used on commercial guns, having a plastic appearance, do nothing for the wood.
sparx
Old 03-25-2016, 09:02 AM

The 452's from several years ago have a different finish than the new ones. I prefer the older finish. While the 452's usually always shoot fairly well right out of the box, most can be improved with a little work. If you enjoy older guns, the Brno models from the early 50's, which are the predecessors of the CZ, are really fine guns, with a deeper blue finish on the metal and the uniqueness that came with more hands on work by master craftsmen. My Model 1 shoots as well as any of the many CZ's that I own, and has what I think is the perfect weight and handling for a squirrel gun in the woods.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:11 AM

What improvements are you referring to? I have not pulled the trigger yet, so I don't know what it feels like.

Isn't it true that most guns made years back do have a nice finish...
sparx
Old 03-25-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparx View Post
What improvements are you referring to? I have not pulled the trigger yet, so I don't know what it feels like.

Isn't it true that most guns made years back do have a nice finish...
sparx
A couple things I did to mine were installing a YoDave trigger kit, Brno ejector (because the original CZ gets in the way of the cleaning rod) and a Brno mag well. The CZ is fiberglass or plastic and gun solvents dissolve it.