Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2017, 01:00 PM

Made the trip to the NS 7/20. I was 3rd in line at around 7:00 AM. I met nf1e, a FF from NY State and a guy from STL while waiting to go in. ( I am retired FD). I went right to the IHC SG's. nf1e and the FF gave me advice and a few others that I don't have names for. I took a nice looking SG to the desk but Jim thought I could do better and sent me searching. While looking two different guys handed me IHC's they did did not want. One was a newer gun but not so nice of a stock. I took the older gun with a real nice IHC stock. S/N 456xxxx has everything IHC but the Op rod and bolt. nf1e thinks he may have a bolt so I am only in search of an Op rod. Thanks to all who helped and especially Jim and Bob at the desk!

Last edited by ECM1595; 07-25-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:54 PM

Hit the North Store on the afternoon of the 20th when I arrived in Ohio and was lucky enough to score a duplicate SG WRA with an A stamped below the serial, and a beautiful SG IHC.

Because I live 9 1/2 hours away in NY I decided to go back the morning of the 21st, and was lucky enough to stand in line and chat with NF1E (great meeting you Art) and several other great guys from the forums. That morning my buddy and I were both able to score a FG WRA, both marked 0,2 on the tag, and both with WRA bolts (Special thanks to the gentleman originally from Franklin Square for handing me that 6 digit beauty!)

Jim, Bob, and Brian were all super helpful at the counter. This was my first trip to the National Matches and the North Store, and it will definitely NOT be my last.

Hope to see everyone again at the New England Games in VT in September!
Old 07-25-2017, 10:07 AM

Default Vfw?

I'm pretty convinced my Winchester FG is a VFW return. Bore was dark when I bought it and now 6 consecutive brass brush and wet patch yielded black as coal patches with no trace of copper yet.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:36 PM

No copper first or second cleaning ,the Winchester barrel was graded 1me, te 1+ the rifling and bore look new!! Patch's were mild black. Very pleased with my Winchester SG.

Last edited by bandofM1; 07-26-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandofM1 View Post
No copper first or second cleaning ,the Winchester barrel was graded 1me, te 1+ the rifling and bore look new!! Patch's were mild black. Very pleased with my Winchester SG.
I'm just about ready to attach a brass brush and cleaning rod to my power drill. My Winchester barrel TE is 2 and ME is 1.5 so it should be a great shooter when all is cleaned up.

Last edited by TSimonetti; 07-25-2017 at 05:40 PM.