Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2017, 08:09 PM

Default Range day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakar652 View Post
Is this a new offering?
I didnít break the news on this only tried to do follow up from another Forum members post. Not sure how the information was released, the CMP is working the details, so it isnít written anywhere that I know of. Iím sure they will put it on the website when they are ready to reveal details. Think itís a great idea...
Old 10-26-2017, 09:28 PM

Last week I bought a rifle on Friday and Saturday went to the range each day. I was talking to the manager of the range on Saturday she told me about the free range pass that had started I think on October 1.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:17 PM

I think the free range pass is great, if you are local or have your maintenance and shooting gear with you.
But, I always like to at least partially tear down my new purchase, check parts and headspace, run a patch down the barrel, and lube the proper contact points before firing a rifle for the first time.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:26 PM

A big +1 on that. Check and lube before you shoot it.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:51 AM

I stopped by south store on the afternoon of 10/26 and with PH68's assistance scored a nice IHC SG. SN# 4581XXX. It's a 12-65 SA rebuild with a 10/65 SA barrel ME 1, TE 3. It has a Nov 54 IHC stock, several IHC parts and a NM op rod. I would like to thank PH68 for taking the time to assist me and it was a pleasure to shake his hand.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:16 AM

Default Friday opening report

Only me this morning at opening and all racks were full.

Inventory remains the same as yesterday except there were additional SA 6 millions added with a total of 15. There were two exceptional SA 6 million.

6080457 SA rebuild 1-65, but has original barrel 2-55 ME 1/TE 2

6087383 no rebuild mark, 3-56 barrel ME 1/TE 2.

Both have beautiful stocks with DAS stamp..

Good luck on your searches.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:28 AM

Thanks again for the great reports PH.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:33 AM

Default Saturday opening report

I failed on my duties this morning arriving at the store at 8:30 so I was AWOL!!! Attended a party last night and stayed way to LATE for an old guy!!! Best I could tell there were about 20 customers at opening and I think most were from the Advanced Maintenance Course (AMC) conducted by the CMP Custom Gun Shop.

The IHC and WRA were hit pretty hard this morning with about 60 of the 75 stocked rifles remaining .One customer picked up a beautiful SA Collector grade rifle that looks like brand new and I donít believe it was ever issued... The rifle numbers are after the morning rush.

SA 6 million, 13

WRA SG 5

IHC SG 10

CMP Specials, 5

Other rifle numbers remain about the same.

Few slings.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:49 AM

Default Wow

Those recent offerings almost have me considering another trip. I was quite happy with my July trip coming home with honest SA SG 5.8 mil and a FG SA 2 War Korean rebuild that turned out great after a few parts put correct and re-cut crown.

By the way, I still have the cutter, works great and is availabe if anyone needs one. Big difference in the 2 war gun had ding on muzzle face.

Also, on that July trip Mike tryed to get me to go back by the Range and I got the impression it would be free. However, being new to the Garand and not having time for adequate tear down, inspect, lube, I just headed for home.

Question:

I have not been able to find what they are selling the 6 mil SA's for???

That might push an old man over the edge and put him on the road from Missouri again.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:04 AM

Default 6 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude View Post
Those recent offerings almost have me considering another trip. I was quite happy with my July trip coming home with honest SA SG 5.8 mil and a FG SA 2 War Korean rebuild that turned out great after a few parts put correct and re-cut crown.

By the way, I still have the cutter, works great and is availabe if anyone needs one. Big difference in the 2 war gun had ding on muzzle face.

Also, on that July trip Mike tryed to get me to go back by the Range and I got the impression it would be free. However, being new to the Garand and not having time for adequate tear down, inspect, lube, I just headed for home.

Question:

I have not been able to find what they are selling the 6 mil SA's for???

That might push an old man over the edge and put him on the road from Missouri again.
The 6 millions SAís are 1200.00 plus 10% tax... Might need to make that trip??? There are a few really nice 6 million rifles in the group...