Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2017, 10:00 AM

Default 1903a3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemus K View Post
I was 5th in the door THursday morning and quickly looked at 2 1903A3s before they had all been picked up. Both had ME 1s but neither had stock cartouches. Something I was looking for. So I passed. About 20 minutes later someone put this one back on the rack and it said "Pick Me!". It was just what I had hoped to find. Found a nice stamped sling too. After purchase I went over to the CMP Marksmanship Park...AWESOME Experience! With the rifle came a free hour of range time so I enjoyed some Greek HXP I brought along. At 200 yards with no adjustment I shot this 10 round group. First round was a 10 but later put one near the bottom right but I felt like I flinched a bit. I am really happy with how it shoots. What a great day at the south store.

I was at the store yesterday also and was helping a friend (Eric) find a nice 1903a3. Eric and his son both picked up a rifle at opening, they were first in the door and after we examined the two he returned one to the rack, which is the rifle you picked up. That is a really NICE rifle and congratulations on your find and shooting.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
I have been on a search for a 1903 USMC rifle for awhile and Iím no expert on them but this morning I had the rare opportunity to meet one. Mr John Beard is known for his once a month work for the CMPís on 1903ís.
I contacted John Beard a few years ago when I mail ordered a high number RIA 1903 to verify it's USMC pedigree, he is indeed the go-to '03 guy.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
I was at the store yesterday also and was helping a friend (Eric) find a nice 1903a3. Eric and his son both picked up a rifle at opening, they were first in the door and after we examined the two he returned one to the rack, which is the rifle you picked up. That is a really NICE rifle and congratulations on your find and shooting.
Waiting in line from 0625 with Eric and his son from Tampa was enjoyable. Not cold. I was the guy wearing the 3rd Armored Division tanker jacket. I really wanted to meet you in person but somehow did not connect. Were you the fellow with the notebook going down the rack line? Spent most of my time while waiting talking with "Gyrene". Thank you for your reporting. Glad I made the trip. I should have made more of an effort to find you.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemus K View Post
Waiting in line from 0625 with Eric and his son from Tampa was enjoyable. Not cold. I was the guy wearing the 3rd Armored Division tanker jacket. I really wanted to meet you in person but somehow did not connect. Were you the fellow with the notebook going down the rack line? Spent most of my time while waiting talking with "Gyrene". Thank you for your reporting. Glad I made the trip. I should have made more of an effort to find you.
Glad you find the report useful. When I’m in the store I try to keep a low profile so that I don’t get into someone’s way thats trying to find their gem of a rifle, unless someone asks for my help or seems lost.... Always like to meet new people so introduce yourself next visit. I am the guy with the notebook always.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:37 PM

Default Friday closing report

There were 66 rifles remaining of the 75 at opening. Store wasnít restocked before closing, but racks should be full in morning.

1903a3, 3 in fair condition and there should be a few more tomorrow that are in better condition. That will be all the 1903a3ís for awhile.

Good numbers of SA FG and few SG and SA 6 millions

Couple of 1907 leather slings, one with WWI date, 90.00. Few 6.00 cotton slings.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:43 PM

Art, I bought that HRA, then decided to get the IHC that we both liked so well. Enjoyed talking with you, and PH68. Pat
Old 11-17-2017, 08:16 PM

If anyone goes Saturday, I'm looking for the twin to 6,087,286. Mines incoming, and very well is a afpg type 2 NM.
C
Old 11-18-2017, 08:36 AM

Default Saturday opening report

There were six customers at opening and five additional customers shortly after opening. Racks were full.

1903a3, 6, good to fair condition. Believe these are the last ones for awhile.

Strong inventory of SA SG and FG, many with SA 44-45 barrels. Didnít see any strong cartouches..

HRA SG, 5, couple with HRA barrels

Other rifle numbers remain about the same.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:52 PM

Default Saturday closing report

There were 62 of the 75 rifles at opening. Store wasnít restocked at closing.

Reminder they are closed next week.

SA 6 million, 11

CMP Specials .308, 3

1903a3, 5, fair condition

SA SG 2 and FG 12

Other rifles remain about the same.

Happy Thanksgiving

Old 11-20-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrene View Post
Art, I bought that HRA, then decided to get the IHC that we both liked so well. Enjoyed talking with you, and PH68. Pat
Pat, sent you a PM.